It's great to see some multitasking accessories starting to come out for iPad Air. Today's TUAW Video Review takes a look at Kensington's new KeyFolio Thin X3 keyboard folio for the iPad Air, which not only acts as a protective folio case and stand with a keyboard, but can also provide a charge to your iPhone.
Specifications and Features
- PowerLift™ internal keyboard battery can be used to charge your phone
- Ultra-thin, form-fitting cradle maintains tablet's sleek profile with enhanced drop protection
- Integrated Bluetooth® keyboard with 6 rows of high-performance scissor keys
- QuickFold™ design hides keyboard to enable streamlined viewing mode
- KeySense™ Power Channel automatically turns the keyboard on and off
- Automatic tablet wake and sleep modes when cover opens or closes
- Magnetic closure for a safe and secure fit
- Weight: 15.5 ounces (439.4 grams)
- Thickness: .75 inches (1.9 cm)
Between the extensive protection the case provides, the nice keyboard, the external battery pack capability, and a number of other features highlighted in the video, I found the Kensington KeyFolio Thin X3 keyboard to be an excellent choice for protection and versatility. My only complaint is that the "Thin" is a bit chunky and heavy compared to other keyboard cases on the market.
Rating: 3-1/2 stars out of 4 stars possible