Patch 6.1 is on the horizon and if the patch notes are any indication, there are a lot of changes coming our way. Fishing, in particular, is slotted to get a lot of tweaks -- and there have already been some changes to the changes announced in the last patch notes. With the latest changes, fishing throughout Draenor will be streamlined for everyone... though it will still take up an awful lot of inventory space, so be sure to clear your bags before heading out fishing.
Here's the current state of fishing:
- Fish caught in Draenor can be automatically filleted with the Bladebone Hook, a new consumable you can buy from fishing vendors in Draenor. The hook lasts for one hour. Though this was intended to be automatic for everyone without a consumable, negative feedback on the feature seems to have changed Blizzard's mind.
- Different sizes of Savage Piranha have been consolidated into Savage Piranha and can be consumed directly for the transformation effect.
- Players can now always catch enormous fish from pools, regardless of skill.
- Fish that have already been caught can be converted to the appropriate amount of flesh.
- Draenor fishing bait now lasts for 10 minutes (up from 5 minutes). Bait will not spoil, which was originally in the patch notes.
- Nat Pagle (Level 3 Fishing Shack) will give you any of the standard baits if you ask nicely.
- Lunkers can now be caught from fishing pools and have an improved catch rate with higher fishing skill.
- Summoned Cavedwellers now drops random fish flesh and drops less Worm Supreme.
- Fish Eggs used as turn-in for the Fishing Shack Daily quest are now bind on pickup and no longer have a sell value.