They'll look like the image embedded below, via Mashable. AdBlock CEO Gabriel Cubbage says that the idea is to get its users involved in thinking about online privacy and that come Sunday the spots where AI's banners were will be empty once again. Cubbage urges AdBlock's users to "take a moment to consider that in an increasingly information-driven world, when your right to digital privacy is threatened, so is your right to free expression."
Beyond the aforementioned high-profile censorship targets, AI says that AdBlock will also populate ad spaces with messages from North Korean cyber censorship casualties. It isn't the first time the organization has taken a stance against those who'd rather online privacy not exist, but perhaps it's the most prescient. The outfit says that just last year alone it documented arrests in 16 countries over what people said or did online.
And really, the timing couldn't be better considering the feds' ongoing war with Apple over unlocking San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook's iPhone 5c, and our government's PR campaign to devalue encryption at seemingly all costs.