Next week is going to be a big, big deal with an Apple event and a Sony event on Sept.7th which is going to make for a pretty brutal four-day work week around here. While we're busy prepping for that, don't miss all the #IFA2016 action from our editors on the ground.
This week, meanwhile, has been huge for Public Access. HUGE. Not only was August our very best month ever, with over 200 articles posted, but a Public Access story hit the front page of Reddit yesterday which... Yeah, is kind of a big deal.
There's nothing I love more than seeing your stories published, shared, and commented on; watching a Public Access writer get some love from ye ol' internets makes me so proud of all the work y'all do to make this page what it is. Everyone take Monday off to celebrate!
And now, onto stats for the month of August -- our biggest month yet!
- 210 posts went live on Public Access in August. Two. Hundred. Ten! That surpasses July's post count of 174 and slays June's 125 posts. It also makes the third month in a row that Public Access has beaten its own numbers which is truly awesome.
- 82 total Public Access members wrote and published stories, including 35 new members. Welcome new members!
- The Public Access member with the most posts published in August is a tie between Dianna Labrien (for the fourth month in a row!) and Ryan Kh who each posted 11 articles. They're followed closely by Jimmy Rohampton with 9 posts, and Kevin Nouse and Pritom Das who are tied for third with 8 posts each.
- Ticwatch 2 vs Apple Watch by Jerry Li
- The Dark Web Comes to "Normal" People by Dianna Labrien
- Is Dubai trying to make the next Silicon Valley? by Pritom Das
- 5 Ways Tech Can Give Us Superpowers by Cormac Reynolds
- The Art of Avoiding Identity Theft and Scams At The Olympics by Dave Cox
- Ticwatch 2: The New Gold Standard by Jerry Li
- How Do Non-Pokemon Go Players Avoid the Mania? by Solomon Wiesen
- Taping Over Your Laptop Camera - Paranoia or a Smart Move? by Michael Harris
- TZUUM Joins Pokemon Go as the Next Augmented Reality App! by Pritom Das
- 3 Cooking Technologies That Will Change the Way You Cook by Hey I'm Joe, also known as the Sous Vide Wizard