Acer C720 review (Core i3): a more powerful Chromebook
As the first Chromebook with a Core i3 processor, the Acer C720 offers modest performance gains over its rivals, along with equally long battery life. You might want to wait and see if other laptop makers come out with something a little better designed -- perhaps with a nicer screen. Even so, at this price, the C720 remains a good value in its own right.
- Core i3 processor offers modest, but noticeable performance gains
- Battery life keeps pace with lower-powered models
- Generally a good value, especially considering the price
- Screen has poor viewing angles
- Generally cheap build quality, including a shallow keyboard
- Only Acer's lower-end Chromebook is offered with a touchscreen