Amazon Echo Studio
Amazon’s priciest Echo speaker is a beast. It’s big, versatile and sounds fantastic. To get the most out of it, though, you’ll want to consider a high-res streaming plan like Amazon Music HD. The 3D audio options are a bit limited for now, but even regular Spotify sounds great on this thing. It’s by far the best-sounding Echo yet, and probably will be for the foreseeable future.
- Excellent audio
- Alexa smarts
- Hi-res audio
- Relatively affordable
- Works as home theater speaker
- EQ requires some fine-tuning
- 3D audio content is very limited
- Sound best with Amazon Music HD
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 85AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsTom's Guide80Alexa Meets Booming SoundThe Echo Studio is Amazon's best-sounding Alexa speaker yet, offering impressive bass, but it's not quite the best in its class.CNET80Biggest, best Echo sound yetThe Echo Studio is the biggest and best-sounding speaker Amazon has produced to date.PC Mag90Amazon Echo Studio reviewWith surprisingly robust Dolby Atmos-compatible directional audio, Amazon's Echo Studio delivers just as much power as smart speakers that cost twice as much.Tech Advisor100Amazon Echo Studio reviewAt under £200 / $200, the Echo Studio is a bargain, sounding at least as good as more expensive rivals while offering features they don’t such as support for HD and 3D audio.Wired UK70Ambitious But FlawedIn the meantime, though, this is a pretty good, pretty competitively priced smart speaker. Good, competitively priced smart speakers existed before Amazon Echo Studio. But it does enough to join their ranks.CNBC80The Amazon Echo Studio is the best Echo speaker you can buyIf you asked me, right now, “which Echo should I buy?” I’d say the Echo Studio, hands-down.T380Amazon Echo Studio reviewAmazon Echo Studio has a bigger sound and lower price than key rival Sonos One. It's also somewhat less refined but that shouldn't stop it selling well.TechRadar90Amazon Echo Studio reviewThe Amazon Echo Studio is an impressive offering - a smart-speaker and Dolby Atmos immersive sound home cinema unit, all in one tidy package. Some of its experiments with upmixing stereo sources can sound a bit confused, but it's otherwise a very powerful, feature-rich smart speaker – especially considering the price.The Verge90Finally, An Echo That Sounds GreatThe Studio isn’t the speaker of the future, it’s merely an excellent smart speaker for today, and that’s more than enough to recommend it.TrustedReviews90Amazon Echo Studio ReviewIf you’re after a smart speaker that delivers fidelity and nuance, there are better speakers than the Echo Studio. If you want to have a rollicking good time and experience 3D audio, and aren't afraid of some thumping bass, then step right up.