Apple HomePod Review
It's no secret that the HomePod was designed to be a speaker first and an assistant second. What's really surprising was how much better the HomePod performs as the former. With an omnidirectional array of tweeters, one big woofer and an A8 chipset to manage everything, the HomePod pumps out bright, balanced sound that outshines the competition. Unfortunately, you have to be deeply invested in Apple's ecosystem to really use a HomePod at all. And Siri isn't nearly as capable as Google Assistant or Alexa in some crucial ways, leaving the HomePod feeling like a work-in-progress.Read Full Review
- Seriously excellent sound
- Siri responds quickly to commands
- Subtle design
- AirPlay streaming works well
- Siri is limited compared to its rivals
- Can't identify multiple users
- No Bluetooth streaming or audio inputs
- Limited third-party support (for now)
Apple suspends the Siri program where people listened to your questions
'Grading' had contractors listen in to judge Siri's performance.
Apple contractors frequently hear sensitive info in Siri recordings
It does take steps to maintain privacy, but there are still concerns.