Apple iPad mini (2021)
The iPad mini has been the best small tablet available for a while, and the 6th-generation continues to hold that top spot. The $499 slab looks and feels a bit different thanks to a much-needed update, which includes an “all-screen” design with an 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display, a power button with TouchID, improved cameras that support Center Stage and USB-C charging. All of those updates, plus support for WiFi 6, 5G and the second-generation Apple Pencil, make the iPad mini feel like a shrunken version of the iPad Air. But the niche appeal of the mini remains -- it’s all about size for this iPad, and there isn’t a better option out there for those who know an 8-inch tablet will fill a void in their lives.
- Fresh and modern design
- Solid performance
- Improved cameras with Center Stage
- USB-C charging
- 5G support
- Works with second-gen Apple Pencil
- No headphone jack
- Base model has only 64GB of storage
- More expensive than previous model
iPad mini (2021)
Critics - Not yet scored
Users - Not yet scored
More from Apple
- The Senate Judiciary Committee meets this week to discuss the Open App Markets Act and AICO Act.
- To make matters worse, the employee also filed fraudulent tax returns to try to cover up her ill-gotten gains.