Apple iPad mini 3
The iPad mini 3 is just as good as its predecessor, but its lack of feature upgrades doesn't justify its price and places it behind the Air 2 in specs. Unless you love Apple's fingerprint sensor and Apple Pay, you may want to opt for last year's model instead.
- Touch ID now comes included
- Long battery life
- Good performance
- Only a couple of upgrades
- Commands a $100 premium over last year's model
- Critic Reviews (9)
- User Reviews (4)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE9 ReviewsTechCrunch90iPad Mini 3 Review: Appleâ€™s Small Tablet Stays MThe iPad mini 3 is still the best small slate available, even without significant engineering investment from Apple this year – but you have to really value the ‘small’ aspect of that to make it worth it.New York Times60IPad Air 2 and Mini 3 Review: One Thumb Up, and AnUnless you’re going to be doing a lot of Apple Pay shopping or you’re gaga for gold, it’s best to save the $100 and go with the Mini 2.The Wall Street Journal80iPad Mini 3 Review: Buy the iPad Mini 2 InsteadIt’s disappointing that Apple is charging $100 more for a Mini that it didn’t really upgrade. Perhaps, as its iPhones get bigger, the company wants to focus less on smaller tablets. The only good news that comes of this is that the older models are cheaper than ever.CNET80A great tablet, but no longer the best dealOne of last year's best, the iPad Mini 3 is still a compelling choice despite the lack of upgrades. However, the nearly identical and significantly cheaper iPad Mini 2 is a smarter buy.Engadget90The iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 reviewThe iPad mini 3 is just as good as its predecessor, but its lack of feature upgrades doesn't justify its price and places it behind the Air 2 in specs. Unless you love Apple's fingerprint sensor and Apple Pay, you may want to opt for last year's model instead.SlashGear90iPad mini 3 Review â€“ Refinement not RevolutionFor those who want a compact tablet, strong battery life, a solid display, and the growing convenience of Touch ID, Apple Pay, and the well-stocked App Store, the iPad mini 3 is king of its niche. How that niche will evolve over the next 12-18 months remains to be seen.The Guardian80Apple iPad mini 3 review: a touch more of the sameApple’s smaller tablet is about the size of a book and gains a Touch ID fingerprint sensor, gold colour and extra storage option – but that’s it.TechRadar60If you aren't desperate for Touch ID, this tabletThis is last year's tablet with Touch ID and a new colour - as we don't know how quickly Apple Pay is going to spread, it's hard to find a reason to recommend this tablet.The Verge90Apple iPad mini 3 reviewThe iPad mini 3 is still great, even if it's not a great deal.The iPad mini 2, on the other hand, is both — it’s nearly exactly the same device minus a huge chunk of the price tag. Really, right now is a stupendously good time to buy an iPad mini 2.
- 88AVERAGE USER SCORE4 ReviewsEngadget Reader90September 28, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader80July 11, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90June 14, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90January 8, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Overall a good tablet, capable of doing most of the usual daily tasks. Nice design & screen. Good long battery life. I find the fingerprint ID handy (although not really worth the extra $100). I would recommend 32Gb or higher. Bear in mind that the operating system eats up several Gb of your storage (whichever tablet you choose).
Sonos Roam review: The right speaker at the right price
Watch NVIDIA's GTC keynote in 17 minutes
More from Apple
- Anthony Hopkins guest stars in 'Everlight,' an episode about a post-quarantine return to the office.