Apple iPhone 6s Plus
The iPhone 6s Plus has 3D Touch, iOS 9, a pair of improved cameras and the powerful A9 chipset, just like its smaller sibling. A long-lasting battery and optical image stabilization for its 12-megapixel rear camera help give the iPhone 6s Plus a slight edge over the regular 6s, although we wish it were a little easier to hold.
- 3D Touch is a smart, helpful addition
- First-rate performance
- Touch ID is faster and more accurate
- Great camera helped by optical image stabilization
- Solid battery life
- Live Photos are hit-or-miss
- Base model still only has 16GB of storage
- Touch ID can be overly sensitive
- Can be hard to use with one hand
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (12)
- 88AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsEngadget90iPhone 6s and 6s Plus review: more than just a refThe iPhone 6s Plus has 3D Touch, iOS 9, a pair of improved cameras and the powerful A9 chipset ... A long-lasting battery and optical image stabilization for its 12-megapixel rear camera help give the iPhone 6s Plus a slight edge over the regular 6s, although we wish it were a little easier to hold.Macworld90iPhone 6s and 6s Plus review: The best iPhone everThe iPhone 6s, with its upgraded cameras and processors, expanded RAM, and the delightful marvel that is Touch 3D, is the best iPhone ever. What’s more remarkable is not that this year’s iPhone is once again the best model ever, it’s the margin by which it improves on last year’s model.The Wall Street Journal80iPhone 6s Review: A Slightly Better iPhone 6It is a slightly better iPhone—that must be what the S stands for. And like its “S” predecessors, it doesn’t address all complaints. That’s what the iPhone 7 is for—right, Apple?TechCrunch90Review: Apple's iPhone 6s And 6s Plus Go 'Tick'Both the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are worth your attention and, if it’s in your budget, a purchase. The camera alone is worth the price of admission — it’s truly great — the glimpse into the future of three dimensional computing is just a bonus.The Telegraph100iPhone 6s Plus review: plus-sized beautyIf you do like your phones big, iOS-running and beautiful, then the 6s Plus is your best option by a mile, and what I think is the best smartphone soon-to-be on the market.The Verge90IPHONE 6S REVIEWIf you are thinking of buying a new phone, and you have anything older than an iPhone 6, you should buy an iPhone 6S Plus. It is the best iPhone ever made, and it is right now the best phone on the market.Bloomberg90iPhone 6S Review: Come for the New Features, StayWith prodigious speed, well-thought-out interfaces, and flawless hardware-software integration, these new iPhones provide the tool for whatever it is you're doing and just let you do it. The best thing ... isn't all the new stuff to pay attention to, it's all the stuff you never notice.TechRadar80iPhone 6 Plus reviewApple has reinvigorated its phablet without rewriting the playbook thanks to its smart 3D Touch technology and a more power under the hood. It's not the upgrade some will have been hoping for, but it's the upgrade we've got.Digital Trends90IPHONE 6S PLUS REVIEWThe battery life took a hit, but Apple’s iPhone 6S Plus is the best iPhone to buy.Stuff80Apple iPhone 6s Plus reviewThe iPhone 6s Plus provides an expansive immersive experience thanks to its giant screen - but that’s only if you can handle it.
- 90AVERAGE USER SCORE12 ReviewsEngadget Reader90August 11, 2016Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I managed to win the silver 128gb model from http://www.winanewiphone.com/ and I absolutely love it. The camera is great, animations are smooth, interface is sleek and the body is robust and durable. I think they did a fantastic job with iOS 9 and the new multi-touch capabilities. Even though it's form factor is on the larger side and might be a bit too large for some people, I definitely recommend this phone.It's only downside is the absurd price but if you're as lucky as I am and manage to acquire one for free there's really nothing you can complain about.Engadget Reader80October 26, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Let me keep this short: If you want an iPhone, get a Plus. The 6S+has a couple of nice perks, screaming-fast performance being one of them...but the bottom line is this: Plus-model iPhones have battery life that will get you through a long day of all but the hardest use cases. Regular models do not. If you want battery life that will set you free, embrace the phablet.Engadget Reader90October 24, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Love the Touch 3D, cant wait for many more apps to support it. Battery life is excellent, I dont freak out about it dying on me as much as I have with mu previous devices. Camera performs well and Touch ID is fast. Live pictures are also a nice touch, excellent for taking pics of my baby nephew, who is constantly making new faces and this captures those little moments.Engadget Reader80October 23, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90October 9, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader100October 4, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I've had iPhones for many years. Finally Apple has a plan for a new iPhone every year, which is wonderful. This model has added waterproofing, stronger glass, 4K video, front flash, 12 megapixel back camera, and force touch. it's so much new stuff for an 's" model that you really don't expect to see this much at once. I have mine on an unlimited everything plan with T-Mobile and I'm happy with the service. No worries about every having to turn off data or any worries about it being limited after so many gb. I just use whatever I want and go. With the new bands I have excellent service indoors.Engadget Reader100October 3, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I wasn't expecting a huge difference coming from the 6 plus but 3D touch and the much faster A9 chip keep a smile on my face every time I use my phone. The 2GB of RAM truly makes iOS a beast with no reloading and super fast app switching. Other Android phones with double the RAM still have to reload apps if you have enough open in the background. Lastly the super fast touch ID is insane, I can just press the home button once when the screen is off and it will unlock right away! I am a very happy customer.Engadget Reader90October 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90October 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The 6s Plus is a great addition to the iPhone line. By now pretty much everyone is aware of what the new phones bring. There are also plenty of reviews and break downs of better durability, improved water resistance, massive GeekBench scores, and photo shootouts, so I will just touch on how some of these impact my daily use.2 GB RAM/A9 Processor - The 2GB RAM is amazing. Web pages and apps refresh so much less frequently that a seemingly significantly increase in speeds comes just from the added RAM. Add in the faster processor and this thing works as fast as you do. I did notice a little stutter occasionally opening a folder or app, but it must have been software related as I haven't seen it since I updated to 18.104.22.168 MP Camera - Just taking regular pictures really doesn't seem that different, and since most of my photo interaction is on my phone and Facebook I don't see much of a difference most of the time. The pictures I have taken and looked at closely are definitely better. The biggest difference I've notice is that zoomed in pictures seem a lot clearer, so that is a big plus for me since I take a lot of pictures of my kids at sporting events and I can now get better closeup pictures.5 MP Front Camera - First off, I don't take selfies. Ever. I have occasionally used the front camera to take pictures with my family, and once to video a hummingbird that was feeding right behind me, but they haven't been that great. The big jump may encourage me to take more.Video - The upgrade to 4k video is nice, and I mainly use it just because I can. Hopefully I will look back and enjoy the videos once the format is a little more prevalent and easy to view. I do however, LOVE the ability to zoom in on videos. The OIS is also a great feature that was added to video, and has be very useful when recording anything that requires me to move it looks like I am standing still and the world is moving around me.Live Pictures - I was in the camp of this being one of my most anticipated features. I have kids and catching a few seconds of motion around a picture sounds like a phenomenal idea. For slow shots it is great, but my kids like to move fast and the 12 fps looks very poor in those shots. The best (worst?) example was a picture of my daughter jumping. I actually caught it perfect, the still is at peak jump, but running the Live Picture it is VERY choppy, she goes from crouched to a inch or so off the floor and back down, somehow the peak of her jump the picture captures is missed from the live picture entirely. Hopefully a future update will allow the option to increase the frame rate.3D Touch - I cannot wait for this tech to proliferate into other apps. I disagree with the sentiment that is is essentially a right click. Whereas right click functionality is usually used for advanced options, 3D touch is more like a combination shortcut/middle click. In some cases you can use it to go instantly to an oft used feature as opposed to opening and navigating to it. In other cases you can preview where a normal tap would take you, without actually committing to it and returning to your prior activity by simply letting go. The cursor/text selection feature is spectacular as well. I will admit that overall usage of 3D Touch at this point is fairly limited, and I occasionally forget to take advantage of it, but once other apps start implementing it there will be a day when we wonder how we lived without it.Updated Touch ID - This could be renamed instant ID. Seriously, it registers my touch so quickly that if I want to see my lock screen I either have to conscientiously avoid putting my whole finger on the Home button, or use the Sleep/Wake button to turn it on. I have completely missed notifications because it unlocked faster than I could see what was on the screen. Errors reading are almost non-existent as well.Hey Siri/Proactive Search - I know Proactive search is part of iOS 9, but I believe it brings a better functionality to Siri as well. I am not a big Siri user, mainly because I don't like proclaiming what I am doing on my phone to those around me. but with the better results I am getting and the always on "Hey Siri" ability, I find myself using it when I get the chance. I also take advantage of the Proactive Search more as well. My usual method if finding an answer was firing up a browser and doing a search. With a simple swipe I can now type and get a wide range of results a lot quicker.In short, the new iPhone 6s Plus is amazing, and probably the best update to the iPhone since multi-touch.Engadget Reader90October 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!If you're in the market for something not Android or Windows Phone..Look no further and hop on the dual core speed train! Where phones run without lag and you don't have to gloat about greater specs and better slower results. My days with Android have vanished subsided into the dark depths of Mimicry. If Apple keeps this up, I may just sell my HTC & Nexus and use only the new iPhone!Engadget Reader90October 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!This iPhone improves on an already solid iPhone 6 Plus. The phone feels snappier, apps opened faster, no lag. Just feels much more powerful than last years model. 3D Touch is going to be an excellent addition in manipulating the iPhone. The phone feels fast and sturdy. I cannot wait for more apps that support the new features. My biggest surprise is the swipe to get to the task manager. I absolutely love it. I'm "learning" not to even touch the home button. I easily see future iPhones without the home button. I would highly recommend this phone over last years model. All the hardware upgrades just made a great phone into an amazing phone.Engadget Reader90September 29, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - Engadget