Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch with Touch Bar
There's lots to like about the new MacBook Pro: its slimmed-down design, brighter screen, improved audio, faster graphics and disk speeds. But by doing things like removing full-sized USB ports, the memory card reader and even the Function row, Apple seems to forgotten how many of us actually work. An even better MacBook Pro would be one that doesn't require users to make drastic changes to their workflow.
- Attractive and well-built
- Thinner and lighter
- Retina screen is brighter and more colorful than ever
- Impressive audio quality
- Fast performance, especially the disk speeds
- Touch ID is a useful addition
- Spacious trackpad
- Expensive with the Touch Bar
- Easy to accidentally hit the Touch Bar instead of the Delete key
- No memory card slot
- The only ports are USB-C ports
- Rated battery life is shorter this year
- No more MagSafe
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 79AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsMacworld80MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: The best bits oIf you need a MacBook Pro right now, the late 2016 models are solid performers. If I were buying one for myself, I’d go with the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and max out the storage, although the 15-inch model is even better.The Wall Street Journal80Apple MacBook Pro Review: Same, Better and WorseDo you invest in the future—a beautiful, highly portable machine with new tricks? Or maybe you do what I’m doing: Stare down at your three-year-old laptop and wonder if you can tough it out another year or two while this sorts itself out.Wired80Review: Apple MacBook Pro With Touch BarThe new MacBook Pro is a terrific laptop and, like the super-skinny MacBook, a clear indication of where most of the computing world is going. But comes with growing pains while your workflow and other devices adjust to a new way of doing things.CNET90Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13-inch, 2016) rApple's smart, useful Touch Bar makes it well worth splurging on the step-up version of the streamlined 13-inch MacBook Pro.The Guardian60Apple 13" MacBook Pro review: the best computer yoThe 13in MacBook Pro is the best computer you shouldn’t buy.Macworld UK80New MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar review: Fast,All in all, this is a fast and beautiful laptop but one with some flaws to consider. And ouch, that price tag is steep.Time80Review: Apple Finally Brings Touch to the MacBookThe new Macbook Pro isn't for everybody. As helpful as it may be for digging through your inbox or inserting emojis into your chats, its steep price means it's a better buy for media professionals rather than everyday users.VentureBeat90MacBook Pro review: Lovable despite the short battIt’s the finest laptop I’ve ever used.Digital Trends60MACBOOK PRO 13-INCH WITH TOUCH BAR REVIEWThe MacBook Pro 13 with Touch Bar is beautiful, but flawed.TrustedReviews90MacBook Pro 13-inch (2016, with Touch Bar) reviewApple’s back with a bang. The MacBook Pro with Touch Bar comes close to computing perfection.
More from Apple
- Under the policy, you won't have to opt in if the price increase doesn't go over a certain threshold.