ASUS ROG Zephyrus
Read Full Review
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus is unlike any gaming laptop we’ve seen before. It’s thin, yet also incredible powerful. While its battery life suffers because of that, it’s also a machine that could take the place of many gaming devices.
It's incredibly thin, but it lays claim to the most powerful notebook graphics.
Devindra HardawarJuly 22, 2017
- As powerful as a gaming desktop
- Thin and relatively light design
- Great cooling
- Battery life is terrible
- Screen resolution is just 1080p
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
Users - Not yet scored
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
ASUS ROG Zephyrus
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 83AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET80Asus ROG Zephyrus review: A slim gaming laptop thAsus has created a surprisingly slim Nvidia 1080 gaming laptop in the Zephyrus. It's expensive and has a few design quirks, but it's also very portable and just plain fun to use.PC Mag80Asus ROG Zephyrus (GX501VI)Thanks to Nvidia's Max-Q initiative and a clever design, the Asus ROG Zephyrus is the new benchmark for powerful, thin gaming laptops.PC World90Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 review: Nvidia Max-Q makesThe Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 is the first gaming laptop to achieve a thin and light design as well, thanks to the Nvidia Max-Q technology that comes with its GTX 1080 GPU. There's just one big compromise.Gizmodo90Asus Zephyrus Review: Has the Age of Powerful andIf you need a gaming laptop that’s small, powerful, and cool in your lap ... then put this guy at the top of your list of potential buys. You’re going to be hard pressed to find another laptop this well crafted and this great at balancing power and size.Laptop Magazine80Asus ROG Zephyrus ReviewThe Asus ROG Zephyrus squeezes a powerful Nvidia 1080 GPU into a thin-and-light chassis, giving you a 5-pound monster you can take anywhere.TechRadar90Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 reviewThe Asus ROG Zephyrus sets a high bar for powerful, thin gaming laptops with exceptional performance, whisper quiet operation and a truly innovative design.Computer Shopper70Asus Republic of Gamers Zephyrus Review and RatingThe Zephyrus is a revolutionary gaming-laptop design, packing a mighty GeForce GTX 1080 graphics chip into a body under 5 pounds. Just know it runs hot while gaming, and the gaming performance is close to that of some thicker, bigger GTX 1070 models we've tested.Digital Trends60ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS GX501VI GAMING LAPTOP REVIEWThe Asus ROG Zephyrus is a test case for a new kind of laptop, but it’s also a cautionary tale.HotHardware90ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 Review: A Thin, Powerful MOverall, the ASUS ROG Zephyrus is an excellent gaming notebook if you've got the budget and like its design, but it could use a bit more refinement and a couple of tweaks before we'd consider it the perfect gaming ultrabook.PC Gamer100ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS REVIEWThe new generation of Max-Q laptops finally offer top-end performance in a portable, thin and light frame.
1920 x 1080
More from ASUS
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The optional finish promises to be more durable and fingerprint resistant, while Intel's 13th-gen chips should deliver improved performance.
- 71Laptops with flexible screens still aren't ready for the mainstream, but ASUS' first attempt shows promise.