ASUS ZenBook S (UX391)
If you’re in the market for a traditional Windows laptop that won’t weigh you down, the ZenBook S is a solid choice. Despite its small size, it has enough power for most tasks. Battery life is a letdown, but the S is still a good option unless you need to be unplugged for a full workday at a time.
- Thin and light Powerful enough for all the but the most demanding tasks
- Hinge designed for improved cooling
- Comfortable keyboard despite the thin frame
- Stylish design
- Mediocre real-world battery life
- Lid is a fingerprint magnet
- 1080p screen is just OK
- Trackpad feels cramped
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (7)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE7 ReviewsLaptop Magazine70Asus ZenBook S UX391UA ReviewThe Asus ZenBook S' gorgeous 4K display, innovative design and elegant chassis make it well worth its reasonable price.CNET80A more comfortable premium ultraportableSubtly stylish and durable and with strong performance to back it up, the Asus ZenBook S UX391U is a fine ultraportable if you spend more time working in coffee shops than an office.PC Mag80Asus ZenBook S (UX391UA)From its chic dark-blue design to its comfortable tilted keyboard and crisp 4K display, the Asus ZenBook S represents a good deal on a good-looking ultrabook.Expert Reviews60S is for Style, not for SubstanceA lightweight laptop with a neat elevated keyboard, but lacking in capability.Stuff100Asus ZenBook S UX391 reviewThis premium looking ultra-portable machine raises the bar for its competition.Notebookcheck90Asus ZenBook S UX391U (Core i7, FHD) Laptop ReviewYou also get a high-quality device with a metal chassis and good build quality. We like the matte 1080p screen, even though it could be a bit brighter and better calibrated ex-works. The input devices are decent and Asus implements modern ports. A small docking station adds traditional ports and is included.... If you need more performance in a compact chassis, you should look out for another model. Otherwise, we can recommend the ZenBook S UX391.Digital Trends80Asus ZenBook S reviewThe Asus ZenBook S has a nicely blended mix of design, build, and innovation that delivers the whole package.
More from ASUS
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The optional finish promises to be more durable and fingerprint resistant, while Intel's 13th-gen chips should deliver improved performance.
- 71Laptops with flexible screens still aren't ready for the mainstream, but ASUS' first attempt shows promise.