The Avegant Glyph is trying something different, but treading new ground also means making a few missteps. The core movie-viewing experience is enjoyable, but some of the more immersive features such as head tracking are yet to be full exploited. If you're an early adopter, this device will thrill you. Otherwise, more casual users are better off waiting for a more refined version later on.
- Crisp image quality
- Excellent sound
- Immersive viewing experience
- Headphone mode is a little uncomfortable in prolonged use
- Battery life could be better
- Some features not fully exploited
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (8)
- 65AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE8 ReviewsWired60Review: Avegant GlyphThe Glyph is a deeply imperfect product, too big, too expensive, and too clunky in all the ways first versions always are. But don’t change that channel. There’s impressive, important technology here.Ars Technica60Review: Avegant Glyph delivers on â€œpersonal theaIf you ... don’t mind spending money, it’s probably an easy buy. If it were half the price, it’d be easy to recommend to anyone. But for now, unless you have the opportunity to try one for a few minutes and make sure it’s not going to get your inner ear upset, it might be best to wait.Time60What Itâ€™s Like to Use the Headset That Beams TVFrequent travelers and movie lovers willing to splurge on a device for viewing entertainment privately.Polygon80Itâ€™s not VR, itâ€™s a home theater for your faceThat ease of use and flexibility are what make the Glyph such an interesting and fun product. ...The demo at CES wasn't a fluke; after weeks of at-home testing I'm just as enamored with the $699 device.Wareable50Avegant Glyph reviewIf it was more affordable, it may just be worth it thanks to its crisp display and solid sound but for the time being, the Glyph comes with too many caveats. Hopefully, the head-tracking update will make the Glyph worth revisiting.The Verge70Are we together or are we alone?It's neat, but it's too way expensive and too heavy for me to recommend to anybody. If the next version is cheaper and lighter, I'll probably want to buy it. And by then, maybe these headsets will be common enough that people won't think I'm a weirdo when I wear it on the airplane.Yahoo60Avegant Glyph: The big screen that you wear on youMost people find a demo of the Glyph to be very cool — but in practice, it’s heavy, bristling with too many parts and pieces, and uncomfortable. ... here’s hoping that Avegant hangs in there long enough to see its invention through to a lighter, less expensive Glyph 2.0.Bjorn3D80Avegant Glyph â€“ the Mobile Personal TheaterThe Avegant Glyph is a great mobile personal theater for anyone that travels a lot.