The BlackBerry Classic hearkens back to the good old days, when a solid QWERTY keyboard and a dense design turned phones into full-blown business partners. Alas, with inconsistent performance and an app ecosystem that takes plenty of getting used to, the Classic is still best suited for absolute die-hard productivity hounds and long-standing BlackBerry devotees.
- Its physical QWERTY keyboard is still aces
- Lots of good software touches
- BlackBerry holdouts will love the throwback design
- Finding (and installing)apps can be tiresome
- Hit-or-miss performance
- Can't remove the battery
- Mediocre camera
- Critic Reviews (8)
- User Reviews (4)
- 66AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE8 ReviewsEngadget70BlackBerry Classic review: A love letter to fans and few othersThe BlackBerry Classic hearkens back to the good old days ... Alas, with inconsistent performance and an app ecosystem that takes plenty of getting used to, the Classic is still best suited for absolute die-hard productivity hounds and long-standing BlackBerry devotees.The Wall Street Journal80BlackBerry Classic Review: The Best BlackBerry EveIt lives up to every bit of the BlackBerry’s original purpose. This is the best phone to get if you need a real physical keyboard to plow through emails, manage your calendar, browse the Web…and not much else.PC Mag60BlackBerry Classic (Unlocked)The BlackBerry Classic is a great voice and messaging phone that can't deliver on the range of online services most people need.CNET70BlackBerry returns to its rootsIf you're willing to trade screen size for a superior physical keyboard, the BlackBerry Classic is a fantastic productivity phone for old-school QWERTY junkies.phoneArena60Review: BlackBerry ClassicI can only recommend the BlackBerry Classic to two groups of people: 1. Die-hard BlackBerry fans who simply won't use any other device; and 2. People who seriously — and I mean seriously — live and die by blasting through their email as quickly as possible.The Verge50BlackBerry Classic reviewHere is your purchasing decision: you shouldn't buy this phone.phoneArena70BlackBerry Classic ReviewPricing is favorable for this classic looking ‘Berry, but don’t sleep too tightly yet because it’s a throwback that modern smartphone owners who have never used a BlackBerry, might literally throw back to wherever they bought it from.The Telegraph70BlackBerry Classic review: Better late than neverThere’s a huge amount to like in the BlackBerry Classic. It will make you more productive. It feels serious. And it doesn’t look too bad either. But in part you’re more productive because there are fewer distractions, and therein is the root of the problem.
- 83AVERAGE USER SCORE4 ReviewsKgone90February 28, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90September 28, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The keyboard is superb and is your best bet in 2015 to handle emails and messaging on the go. Switched out from a Galaxy, and even with Swype it doesn't come close to the performance and thumb ergonomics needed to process 10+ emails a day. I get how having all the apps in the world is nice, but I don't get the colleagues in the office who can't spell or look professional in their mobile communications to save their lives all so that they can have the vague benefit of the possibility of using Periscope.Engadget Reader100March 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetAdityan50January 2, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I was a BB fan. I always wanted the trackpad. And finally its here. Guess no room for complaints, right?Wrong! While BB has finally delivered what they took away from its users, the time taken to restore functionality, has cost them dear. I have sampled other devises, got used to touch screen; and now, physical keyboard feels like a burden; in spite of the great trackpad.The software feels dated. The screen too small. There is no real reason to drop what we are using, and come back to BB!Sad; but true!