The second smartphone developed by BlackBerry Mobile is an all-touch affair, and it manages to get more right than wrong. The combination of a mid-range chipset, a 5.5-inch 1080p screen and an enormous battery mean the new BlackBerry Motion routinely runs for two days on a single charge. We also appreciated the handful of valuable software features layered on top of Android, something we can't say of every phone maker. Unfortunately, the camera's performance left a lot to be desired, and there are more powerful devices available in the same price range. Ultimately, it's a good phone, but not a very good deal.
- Sturdy build quality
- It’s the first water-resistant BlackBerry
- Long battery life
- Helpful software features
- Middling performance
- Inconsistent camera quality
- Expensive for what it is
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 78AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsZDNet80BlackBerry Motion review: A business-class mid-ranBolting some of BlackBerry's best ideas around productivity and security onto the familiar Android operating system should give the touchscreen-only Motion all-round appeal, although the camera subsystem (12MP rear, 8MP front) is no better than average.Pocket-Lint80BlackBerry Motion review: The big boss of businessWith a focus on productivity and security, in a water/dust-resistant design that looks the business, combined with a battery that outlasts most others, the BlackBerry Motion is a sensible choice for BlackBerry fans who want to move away from physical keys.Android Authority90Blackberry Motion review: A KEYone without the keyThe BlackBerry Motion ... adds a bigger battery, IP67 water and dust resistance, and loses the keyboard in favor of an all touchscreen design. It has all the right components to continue the momentum created by the KEYone but could potentially be held back by its limited availability.TechRadar70BlackBerry Motion reviewThis all-screen Android offers a flavour of the BlackBerry experience in a more modern, water-resistant package. It’s held back by dated hardware and a lacklustre camera, but impressive battery life means workaholics might just love it.Phone Scoop70Review: BlackBerry MotionBlackBerry and TCL have put together a fine productivity machine in the Motion. It may be a bit on the big and burly side, but it delivers on the basics needed to keep mobile pros working all day long.CrackBerry80BlackBerry Motion Review - Come for the battery, sThe BlackBerry Motion is a solid device, with incredible battery life, some neat software enhancements that differentiate it from other slabs out there on the market and since it runs Android, you have access to all the apps the Google Play Store offers up.Digital Trends60BlackBerry Motion reviewThe BlackBerry Motion has performance that can get you through the day, stunning battery life, and top-notch security, but it’s far too expensive.Know Your Mobile90BlackBerry Motion Review: 2017's Surprise GemAt the end of the day, reviews are personal opinion, and in my opinion the BlackBerry Motion is a fantastic little handset with a great user experience. It's not perfect, but I've found it one of the most compelling smartphone experiences in a long while.Mobile Syrup80BlackBerry Motion Review: Getting the businessThe Motion fits within the parameters BlackBerry set for it. It is reliable, productivity-focused and offers great battery life. It does those things well, partly at the expense of the camera, which isn’t as good as other phones in its price range.Stuff80BlackBerry Motion reviewThe most mainstream BlackBerry for a long time has fan-favourite apps and features, but won’t scare off anyone that doesn’t spend all their time in the office.
- 70AVERAGE USER SCORE1 Reviewstessa10170February 2, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - Engadget