BMW M850i xDrive Convertible
An impressive convertible tourer that hits the right amount of power, tech and comfort. It’s traffic jam assistant and rear-wheel steering make a smaller car easier to manage in the city, while the all-wheel drive and powerful engine will help you chew up the interstate. Sadly the design doesn’t match the technical abilities of the car.
- Extended Traffic Assist is a smart way to enable hands-off driving
- All-wheel steering is fun if weird
- Comfortable enough to sit in for hours during a road trip
- Backup assist will squelch parking lot anxiety
- Design is meh
- Still a lot of submenus in the infotainment system
- Crystal gear shift is ridiculous
- All-wheel steering might not be for everyone
- Tiny and nearly worthless backseat
- Critic Reviews (8)
- User Reviews (1)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE8 ReviewsCNET90A grand tourer you'll just want to driveBMW's newest convertible exemplifies exactly how a grand-touring convertible should make the driver feel.Kelley Blue Book802019 BMW M850i xDrive First ReviewThe 2019 BMW 8 Series upholds the brand’s recent return to a driver-focused approach that prioritizes handling, responsiveness and power. On those merits alone, the M850i and the upcoming, more aggressively tuned M8, should attract an enthusiastic base of loyalists.Car and Driver802019 BMW M850i xDrive reviewThe M850i spits in the face of practically every current market trend, and the handful of people who will buy one should enjoy it in the context where it shines.Automobile Magazine802019 BMW M850i Review: The Beast Is BackIn all, the M850i is an incredibly impressive piece, and it’s hard not to be intoxicated with its huge power, highly capable chassis, and surprising grace.CNBC60The $126,000 2019 BMW M850i convertible isn't worth the moneyThe M850i has a good interior, good powertrain, good looks and good performance. But in the world of six-figure flagships, good isn’t good enough.Bloomberg90BMW's 8 Series Convertible Is Like a Bentley for $100,000 LessThe $121,400 BMW M850i convertible is just as perfectly balanced and aggressively tuned as its roofed counterpart and, with the top down, nicer to look at.The Car Connection70The Car Connection Expert ReviewBigger, bulkier, bawdier: The 2019 BMW 8-Series bucks all Bavaria’s typical instincts and revels in its life choices.Business Insider90BMW M850i xDrive Convertible reviewIf you're one of the few and the proud and the brave who might be in the market for a real GT car, the BMW M850i should OF COURSE be on your shopping list. To answer the question of whether it's worth $126,395 ... if you have to ask, you're kind of missing the point.
- 80AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsAabid80August 6, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - Engadget