The I-Pace is an exceptional pure electric luxury SUV from Jaguar that can handle real offroading and a day at the track just as well as a night out on the town. It’s chock full of tech that for the most part delivers. We just wish the infotainment system suffered from less latency.
- Pure EV with 240-mile range
- A true luxury vehicle
- Overflowing with tech without feeling overwhelming
- Over-the-air updates
- Handles well for a heavy car
- You can drive through a giant puddle
- True off-road capabilities
- Infotainment system still has some latency issues
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (11)
- 86AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE11 ReviewsMotor Trend90The future, nowThe future does not have to look ugly. The I-Pace's superbly executed exterior design may well define Jaguar's identity in the 21st century as emphatically as the E-Type did in the 20th.CNET80Traditional Jag values, truly modern powertrainSo is the I-Pace a proper Tesla rival? Definitely. The real-world range could be a bit better to really match something like the Model X, but for folks who want a sharply styled EV that's entertaining to drive and has tons of functionality (and no gimmicks like, you know, falcon doors), the I-Pace is absolutely worth a look.Wired90Jaguar's New Electric SUV Demands A New Kind Of Car ReviewFor people who can afford it, this is not just a great electric car, but a great car, full stop. And I can’t wait to get back onto the freeway ramp, where I’ve got the room to stomp the pedal.Car and Driver80The Electric Cat LeapsOn initial impression, the Jaguar I-Pace sets the new standard for luxury electric vehicles with its competitive pricing, impressive refinement, and sharp driving dynamics. It’s a welcome infusion of style and desirability into the EV market, which has often fallen short in those areas. Pulling together the elements that stir hearts and inspire driving with the technology that is advancing the automobile makes the I-Pace the most complete EV on the market.CNET90This cat will huntJaguar's I-Pace stands alone for now, defining its own segment for those desiring an engaging, attractive, luxurious and fast crossover SUV with character. I-Pace is a much-needed alternative choice on the EV landscape, and a damned good one.Automobile Magazine90The Jaguar I-Pace Once Again Proves It's No Ordinary CarWith its smartly sculpted exterior, rewarding driving experience, and gutsy electric powertrain, the I-Pace offers the aesthetic and athletic boldness you expect of a Jaguar—just be sure to get a fast-changer installed in your garage.Wired UK90Jaguar I-Pace long-term reviewAfter a couple of weeks with the I-Pace, its initial special glow had faded, but that's not to say our opinions of it lowered. Something that began as new, shiny and exciting soon became a tool that we could use every day, from tackling the early morning nursery run in pre-cooled comfort, to hammering the motorways to make numerous business meetings and engagements.The fact that the initial excitement of having an electric Jaguar on the driveway ebbed is testament to what the British marque has created here. This isn't a gimmick that's designed to crest the current wave of battery-powered motoring; it is a serious everyday proposition.Chicago Tribune80Stunning all-electric crossover can't keep pace with Tesla technologyThe I-Pace is a welcome addition to the nascent electric crossover market. It is a necessary and attractive alternative to the Model X, especially given the general unreliability of Tesla as a company.Gear Patrol90Is It Better Than a Tesla Model X?It’s a cool-looking, sporty, all-electric SUV that may not have all the tricks the Model X comes packed with, but it also doesn’t come with any of the drama.ExtremeTech902019 Jaguar I-Pace Review: Tesla-Killer EV Is 2018's Best CarHead-to-head against Tesla, the Jaguar I-Pace is the choice today for most premium, sporty EV buyers, especially if they want to go off-roading. It has a fresh, new design. The cabin is superbly finished. Like Tesla, Jaguar is committed to over-the-air updates.Digital Trends802019 Jaguar I-Pace reviewWe didn’t know what we were missing from the EV market until Jaguar introduced its I-Pace. While offering the same range and technological sophistication as Tesla’s Model X 75D, the I-Pace brings forth style and athleticism beyond the scope of current players. And when the EV storm does hit, Jaguar will weather it from a shelter of customers and buzz.
More from Jaguar
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?