Jeep Gladiator (2020)
Read Full Review
The Jeep Gladiator is an adventure machine that has enough tech to appease modern truck buyers. But its high price and various quirks will probably keep most buyers away. Both those who take the plunge will have a great time.
A classic gets updated with modern tech amenities.
Roberto BaldwinJuly 08, 2019
- A convertible truck Jeep pedigree means it’s ready for offroad adventures
- The infotainment system supports CarPlay and Android Auto
- Modern touches in an iconic package
- All those removable parts leads to a noisy cabin
- Probably too rugged for most people
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
Users - Not yet scored
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
Jeep Gladiator (2020)
- Critic Reviews (5)
- 84AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE5 ReviewsCNET90Jeep Gladiator ReviewThe 2020 Jeep Gladiator is über-capable in the dirt but it can still tow and haul with the best of them.Car and Driver80Jeep Gladiator ReviewAll the quintessential Jeep elements with an extra dose of pickup-truck utility.Edmunds80Jeep Gladiator ReviewThe Wrangler-based underpinnings that give the Gladiator its off-road prowess are a detriment for driving on the street and result in vague steering and a sometimes jiggly and wandering ride quality. Also, the Gladiator can end up getting significantly more expensive than its rivals when you start adding a bunch of options. Overall, however, we're quite fond of the Gladiator and think it's a great pick for a truck that delivers off-road capability, cargo hauling and fun all in one.Gear Patrol902020 Jeep Gladiator ReviewFor all its successes as both an off-roader and a truly useful pickup truck, one of the greatest things about the Gladiator has to be its utterly unique look. It’s got both the retro panache of the Wrangler and the distinction of being the only pickup truck on the market that doesn’t essentially look like all the other pickup trucks on the market. That’s a huge differentiator, and will make those who drive this to dinner or the Depot the center of attention in a way that will make them the envy of those thundering around in F-150s or Rangers, Silverados or Colorados, Tundras or Tacomas. That seals the deal: the Gladiator rocks.Top Gear80Jeep Gladiator ReviewThe Jeep Gladiator is probably not the truck you need – it’s the truck you want. In the same way that the Ford Raptor shuns its workaday F150 roots and sells you on its rarely-used but much touted sand-flinging, Baja-rushing heritage instead, the Gladiator allows you to freely associate with the adventure and utility of Wrangler and RAM product, then delivers the slam dunk by giving you both brands’ best bits in one package.
More from Jeep
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?