Kia Niro (2018)
A tech-filled crossover that even at the base level ships with most the best features. While it’s not fast, it’s very efficient, with a 26 mile EV only range that should help keep drivers away from the gas station. Plus, it has enough room for your monthly Costco runs.
- CarPlay and Android Auto support standard
- Semi-autonomous features standard
- Impressive pure electric range
- Great gas mileage
- Adaptive cruise control can’t handle stop and go traffic
- Slow off the line
- Styling is sort of meh
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 75AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCar and Driver702018 Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid ReviewPrice is the main sacrifice you’ll make for the plug-in’s increased electric capabilities, as it adds between $2500 and $5350 to the bottom line when compared with equivalent hybrid trim levels (federal and state tax credits can help erase some of that discrepancy, if you qualify).Kelley Blue Book902018 Kia Niro KBB Expert ReviewHybrid shoppers looking for an impressive mix of fuel economy, comfort and eye-pleasing design will like the 2018 Kia Niro. It’s perfect for small families looking for a stylish, affordable and fun-to-drive runabout with a high-quality interior, hatchback versatility and room for five.Ars Technica80The $26,000 hybrid that could do it all?What I can comment on was life with the little Kia hybrid, which was painless. It was easy to get into, easy to see out of, and practical enough to be someone's only car. Driven right, it should get more than 500 miles (800km) between visits to the gas station, and it proves you don't have to spend $60,000 or more to find a good car.Autoblog80More MPG than an SUV, less weird than a hybridPeople prefer the SUV body style now, and the Niro is exactly that, while also meeting the errand-getting, fuel-sipping urban runabout M.O. of a plug-in hybrid without being weird, annoying, compromised or depressing. It seems like the way of the future.GottaBeMobile902018 Kia Niro PHEV ReviewThe 2018 Kia Niro plug-in hybrid is a tempting crossover that offers adequate range, decent fuel economy with hybrid power and a spacious interior for a crossover.The Car Connection602018 Kia Niro ReviewThe 2018 Kia Niro Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid breathe new life into the hybrid segment, with a practical wagon shape and excellent interior you’d never know was a hybrid.Edmunds702018 Kia Niro ReviewThe feature-laden 2018 Kia Niro blends popular crossover styling with stellar fuel economy.Jalopnik80The 2018 Kia Niro Is A Good Little WagonAside from the fact that, deep down, I sort of think buying any car brand-new is crazy, yeah, the Niro seems worth the money. It starts at a very reasonable $23,340, and even that one is pretty well-equipped, and goes up to around $32,000 for the Touring edition you see here.ExtremeTech70A Small Hybrid SUV that Makes SenseNiro has the upper hand. It’s well-priced and is well built; it won a J.D. Power award for initial quality. In its first full year on the market, the Niro came out ahead on sales: 27,237 for the Kia, 18,390 for the C-Max hybrid and plug-in combined, and 9,680 for the Prius V. Were it considered simply a subcompact crossover, Niro Hybrid would be No. 7 in sales.Digital Trends60Kia’s Niro PHEV is a plug-in hybrid for stealth environmentalistsThe 2018 Kia Niro PHEV is for people who want a normal car that just happens to be a plug-in hybrid.
More from Kia
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?