Lexus ES (2019)
A comfortable luxury sedan that looks great inside and out. The hybrid system will deliver MPGs at the very least in the high 30s. The infotainment display is gorgeous, too bad it’s connected to an annoying touchpad. The lane keep assist could also do with some updating.
- Comfortable for the driver and passengers
- Quiet inside
- High gas mileage for a luxury sedan
- Sport mode is really not that sporty
- Touchpad is annoying to use
- Lane keep assist could do with some more polish
- Critic Reviews (6)
- User Reviews (1)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE6 ReviewsCNET80Luxury and efficiency in spadesIf you want an efficient, plush car with a prestige badge, this is the one you should pick.Motor Trend80Less vanilla, more tech for the seventh-gen ESEnthusiasts may appreciate the hybrid's sport mode that increases torque at low speeds, activates six simulated gears that can be shifted manually with paddle shifters, and displays a tachometer in the center of the digital instrument panel.Car and Driver90Elegance and economy in a sleek new wrapperES stood for Elegant Sedan when the first generation made its debut alongside the original LS400, and with this seventh generation the label fits more than ever before. In the entry-luxury realm, the ES is elegance personified.The Car Connection80The Car Connection Expert ReviewThe 2019 Lexus ES deletes “sedate” from its vocabulary.Edmunds80Edmunds' Expert ReviewThe 2019 Lexus ES 300h is a marked improvement over its predecessor, with a nicer interior and more passenger and cargo room.NY Daily News70Lexus finds itself between a rock and a hard placeThe gear is there, the power is too, and from a comfort perspective the 2019 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h each offer the kind of composed, transparent ride that continues to be the brand's calling card.Out in the wild, however, there's not much here that isn't available elsewhere – and, in some cases, with more room, sleeker styling, and better driving dynamics for nearly the same price.
- 80AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsJames8780December 26, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - Engadget