LG Watch Urbane
The Watch Urbane is LG's best stab at an Android Wear smartwatch to date, and those of you with beefy wrists will especially enjoy its broad, slab-like construction, not to mention its mostly premium look. Thing is, the best parts of the Urbane experience are Google's own software improvements, which will eventually trickle down into other compatible Wear devices in short order.
- Improved low-power watch faces
- First to get Google's Android Wear improvements
- Solid battery life
- Smooth performance
- Clumsy, ostentatious design
- It's the most expensive Wear watch
- No ambient light sensor
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 71AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsThe Wall Street Journal50LG Watch Urbane Review: Why Android Trails AppleThe Urbane may be an improvement over earlier Android watches, but it’s too bothersome to keep on my wrist. I can’t yet recommend it to the Android users who ask if they should get a smartwatch. The Apple Watch is already much more refined.Engadget80LG Watch Urbane review: a premium watch that fallsThe Watch Urbane is LG's best stab at an Android Wear smartwatch to date, and those of you with beefy wrists will especially enjoy its broad, slab-like construction, not to mention its mostly premium look. Thing is, the best parts of the Urbane experience are Google's own software improvements.CNET80LG Watch Urbane review: The best of Android Wear,The LG Watch Urbane is the best-looking Android Wear smartwatch and adds Wi-Fi-to-phone connectivity, but it doesn't offer all that much more than previous Android Wear watch models.Pocket-Lint70LG Watch Urbane review: All that glitters is not rIf you're in the market for an Android Wear device, we'd urge you to try the Watch Urbane before you buy. It's a device with great potential, but the design isn't quite as sophisticated as the price might make you think.Forbes80LG Watch Urbane Review: A True Rival For Apple's WThe Urbane is a tweak to the brilliant G Watch R. There’s no massive increase in specs here, it’s a new look to what was already the nicest Android Wear watch. ... upgrading is somewhat unnecessary, if you’re coming to Android Wear anew, then the LG Watch Urbane is absolutely the best choice.Wareable70LG Watch Urbane review LG brings the bling to AndrWe've seen a lot of smartwatch attempts from LG and this is a huge improvement over 2014's boring square G Watch. If you're more interested in a slightly flashy, tech companion than tracking health and fitness, the Watch Urbane makes sense. But only if you're willing to splash out on the style.TechRadar70LG Watch Urbane reviewEssentially, the LG Watch Urbane is a pricier twin of the LG G Watch R. If style isn't your chief concern, then you might as well grab LG's more practically-priced watch.The Verge70LG Watch Urbane reviewI’m also hard-pressed to believe that it’s worth the $349 asking price — the materials and technology aren’t that much better than the G Watch R, which is $100 less. The Urbane is for people who love big, shiny watches, and I’m clearly not one of them.Gizmag80Review: LG Watch UrbaneWe like the LG Watch Urbane a lot. It's arguably the best-looking Android Wear watch, with the same snappy performance and long battery life that we saw in the G Watch R ... it moves everything in the right direction. But our recommendation for the Urbane isn't quite as strong as our affection for it.TrustedReviews60LG Watch Urbane reviewAn expensive vanity gadget that’s nowhere near the finished article.
- 100AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsSeanIsHere100May 20, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The quick menu access for the watch apps is nice to use. I have already used find my phone a few times. I use the watch to pay for Starbucks coffee. Googles keep is really handy for shopping lists. You can easily create a list using nothing but your voice to add items to the list. The watch will keep the list on your watches display until you swipe the list away, and you can easily check off each item. Great little watch.