Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan
Mercedes infuses its new entry-level sedan with top-level tech. The MBUX user interface is a triumph that pushes infotainment systems to the next level. Even though on paper the engine seems underpowered, on the roar the A220 has just enough power to make driving fun.
- MBUX is the best infotainment system out there
- The engine delivers more than expected
- Sweet interior accent colors for night driving
- ADAS is nearly on par with the S-Class
- Seats could be a bit more comfortable
- No hatchback model in the US
- Slightly more body roll than expected during aggressive cornering
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (8)
- 84AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE8 ReviewsCNET902019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan reviewThe 2020 Mercedes-Benz A-Class is now the sub-$40,000 luxury sedan to beat.Car and Driver90Mercedes-Benz A-classAt its core, the A-class is a good-driving, right-size sports sedan with some promising technology, a car that offers more than just inexpensive entrée to the brand.SlashGear902019 Mercedes-Benz A220 4MATIC reviewIf you want the Mercedes badge, and the styling, and the luxury tech interior, but don’t actually need all the rear space of the larger sedan, there’s a lot to recommend this smaller, nimble car.Autoblog90Pint-sized luxuryThe A-Class packs all the luxury and jazz you expect in a Mercedes-badged car.Chicago Tribune70Mercedes A220 asks 'Who wants a $48K compact sedan?'Maybe Mercedes knows something other automakers don't, or maybe it figured it was building the new A-class anyway, so what the heck? Why not ship a few to America to see if it's the small sedan Americans have been waiting for?The Car Connection70The Car Connection Expert ReviewMercedes takes a second aim at an entry-level sedan with the A-Class, and this time hits closer to the mark.Edmunds80Edmunds' Expert ReviewNotably, we picked the 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class as one of Edmunds' Best AWD Sedans for this year.Gear Patrol90$32,500 Buys Way More Than it ShouldWith the stellar MBUX system and marching orders to expand the brand’s base, the A-Class offers, in the end, a terrific value: industry-leading tech packaged up with all the creamy goodness that is the Mercedes experience. This isn’t a bargain-basement product; it’s a proud addition to a strong lineup.