Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV (2020)
A refreshed luxury SUV that’s had all the technology thrown at it and it comes out the other side looking and driving great. The new MBUX continues to impress and the E-Active Body Control suspension, while weird at first should get a lot of people out of sandpits, but also let them show off their car’s dance moves.
- E-Active Body Control suspension is more impressive when taken seriously
- MBUX is still the best infotainment system on the market
- 4Matic handling is great for a car this size
- HUD can be overwhelming
- We’re going to be overloaded with videos of GLEs dancing
- Route-Based Speed Adaptation is still too cautious around corners
GLE SUV (2020)
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (7)
- 83AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE7 ReviewsMotor Trend80MERCEDES GLE 450 IS QUICK, STEADY ... AND ALMOST $100,000Its confidence-inspiring ride, quick and smooth power delivery, and superior creature comforts make it a desirable pick in the midsize luxury SUV segment. If you want a third row, you'll probably want to make the jump to the GLS, since the GLE's optional third row is pretty small and is best suited for children.Car and Driver802020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 Improves in Nearly Every WayDespite its few shortcomings, the GLE-class impresses with its redesign, and its cabin is far better than the model it replaces.CNET90More luxurious and techy than everThe GLE-Class is a great choice for those who want the latest and greatest in technology matched with a responsive chassis and power plant.Edmunds80Edmunds' Expert ReviewEven if you just get the base GLE 350, this Mercedes SUV will easily satisfy with its modern design, impeccable interior and solid construction. If you're in the market for a midsize luxury SUV, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE should be at the top of your list.Bloomberg80The Non-Flashy SUV That's Secretly Supporting Mercedes's Bottom LineAs every last automaker seems to introduce smaller and/or electrified rigs, the GLE may even be among the last of a dying breed—the big, boxy SUVs that run by internal combustion and get along just fine ... In the meantime, Mercedes’s new GLE remains a gold standard of the old guard.Popular Mechanics90Why the ... GLE 450 Is the Most Futuristic Car on the RoadLuxury cars ought to be out front on technology, but that’s not always how it works. That’s definitely the case with the GLE 450, though. If it were electric they could call it a 2025 model. For now, we’ll settle for 2020.The Car Connection802020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Class ReviewThe 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class delivers no-compromise crossover SUV comfort and luxury.
More from Mercedes-Benz
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?