Microsoft Lumia 950
The Lumia 950 is the first phone to run Windows 10 Mobile, a revamped software platform that aims to make Windows Phones do more than ever before. Both have promise -- the former with its great camera andsuper high-res screen, the latter with stand-out features like Continuum and Windows Hello.Ultimately, we're left witha phone that doesn't feel as expensive as it is, running software that still needs some polishand stronger app support.
- Windows 10 Mobile has potential
- Strong camera performance
- Continuum and Hello arevery cool
- Windows 10 Mobile isn't there yet
- Expensive for what it is
- Design doesn't feel like a flagship's
- App support is still lacking
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 67AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsGizmodo60Lumia 950 Review: Microsoft's Best Ideas Still DonThough the 950 is an important first step toward making Windows an attractive option for developers, that promise hasn’t been delivered on the smartphone side of things. There’s just no reason to choose a pricey Windows handset when Google and Apple offer way better options.The Wall Street Journal60Microsoft Lumia 950 Review: Can a Smartphone Be YoIt feels like the Lumia 950 is a proof of concept that might help Microsoft get momentum for its new strategy. But I can’t recommend buying a $600 proof of concept. For now, your phone stays ... a phone.CNET70Microsoft Lumia 950 review: A disappointing WindowThe Lumia 950 is a mostly average smartphone, giving iPhone and Android users no reason to switch, and offering little appeal outside Windows phone diehards.GottaBeMobile60Microsoft Lumia 950 Review: The Phone That Can BeWindows Phone user or not, I simply can’t recommend that anyone, anyone at all, purchase the $550 Unlocked Lumia 950 without a two-year contract. ... Continuum, a great camera and useful integration with Windows 10 simply don’t make up for this device’s lofty price tag.TechRadar70Microsoft Lumia 950 reviewThe Lumia 950 proves that there's a lot going for Windows 10 Mobile, though also a lot of work to be done. Its best trick is that it blows up to desktop-like proportions with Continuum, but it sorely needs apps. Dedicated Microsoft fans and willing beta testers need apply.Windows Central70The Microsoft Lumia 950 reviewWith the best PureView camera yet, solid battery life and a great display, the Lumia 950 has a lot going for it. However, its ho-hum design and meager app selection will keep switchers at bay leaving just enough to satisfy the die-hard Microsoft fans.The Verge70Microsoft Lumia 950 reviewIf you’ve been holding out hope that Microsoft’s new phone would cast away the shackles that held back its earlier phones, you’re going to be disappointed by the Lumia 950. The rest of us, well, we’ll be happy Microsoft customers managing our email with Outlook for iPhone.The Independent70Microsoft Lumia 950, review: First phone to boastThis phone feels like a real break away from the Nokia-centric past for Microsoft. The arrival of Windows 10 across multiple platforms and the ability to use this phone as a decent computer will please many. But that apps Achilles’ heel has not gone away, at least not yet.Stuff60Microsoft Lumia 950 reviewThis is a phone that will get better with updates. But you need patience, and it affects real core elements like sharing photos and using the browser. Still, we can’t argue with the quality of the display or camera’s photos. Both are world-class.PocketNow80Microsoft Lumia 950 Review: the phone for WindowsAs the Windows 10 ecosystem grows, we may eventually see a day where a Windows-powered smartphone has a place in pockets other than Microsoft’s devoted following. But today is not that day. The Lumia 950 is a smartphone for the fans. All others –for now– need not apply.