The Surface Pro 3 is Microsoft's biggest and best tablet yet, but it needs a better keyboard to truly replace your laptop.
- Remarkably thin and light for a machine with laptop guts
- Easier to use as a standalone tablet
- Fast performance
- Gorgeous, high-res display
- Keyboard can be propped up at a more comfortable angle
- Flimsy keyboard is inferior to what you'd get on a proper laptop; worse, it doesn't even come in the box
- Not that comfortable to use in the lap
- Middling battery life
By moving from a 10.6-inch form factor with the Surface Pro 2 to a 12-inch screen with the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft’s tablet feels more like a PC than ever. Really, the only thing differentiating it from a traditional notebook are the strength of the hinge and the weight distribution.