MSI GS66 Stealth
MSI’s latest GS66 Stealth features the fastest NVIDIA hardware around, and it’s one of the first notebooks to include a fast 240Hz 1440p screen. It’s worth considering if you’re looking for a relatively slim gaming machine, but be warned its fans can get loud.
- Understated and clean design
- Supports NVIDIA’s RTX 30-series GPUs
- Fast and smooth 240Hz 1440p screen option
- Incredibly loud fans
- Keyboard could offer better feedback
- Requires manual GPU tweaking at times
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (5)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE5 ReviewsPC Mag70GeForce RTX "Ampere" silicon amps up MSI's thin gamerMSI’s GS66 Stealth with RTX "Ampere" impresses with its fantastic QHD screen and overall quality, but it trails lesser-priced gaming notebooks in frame-rate performance.Laptop Magazine80When slim meets power, you get the GS66 StealthThe MSI GS66 Stealth combines power and endurance into a sleek, attractive package.IGN90Given the QHD TreatmentWith its RTX 3080 Max-Q GPU and fast 1440p display, the MSI G66 Stealth is an excellent choice for gamers on the go.Notebookcheck80How Fast is a 95 W GeForce RTX 3070?Upgrading from the desktop GeForce RTX 2070 to the desktop RTX 3070 will net owners a 40 to 45 percent gain in raw graphics performance. Meanwhile, upgrading from the mobile GeForce RTX 2070 to the mobile RTX 3070 will net owners a 25 to 30 percent gain. The 2021 GS66 may come equipped with a fancy new GPU, but power limitations remain similar for smaller gen-to-gen gains overall. It's faster for sure — just not by all that much. Gamers in the market for a new GS66 can still consider the slightly older and hopefully cheaper RTX 20 SKUs without feeling like they're missing out on anything huge.PC Gamer80There's a price to pay dropping Nvidia's new RTX 3080 16GB GPU into a thin gaming laptopThe latest spin of the MSI GS66 Stealth demands you invest in the slimline gaming laptop aesthetic, because otherwise you won't be happy at what its svelte design does to the otherwise potent RTX 3080 GPU.