Nokia Lumia 2520
Read Full Review
The Lumia 2520 is a good Windows tablet, with long battery life, a lightweight, modern design and best-in-class camera. However, it doesn't work well as a laptop replacement.
- Attractive design
- Long battery life
- Bright, vibrant display
- Good camera performance
- Offline music and maps
- No WiFi-only option
- Picks up scratches and fingerprints
- Typing in the lap isn't comfortable
- Windows Store still has holes
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
Nokia Lumia 2520
- Critic Reviews (20)
- User Reviews (8)
- 83AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE20 ReviewsAllThingsD80Nokia Lumia 2520: A Solid Windows Tablet in Need oWith the Lumia 2520, Nokia has built a very attractive and solid Windows tablet that can give the Surface 2 a run for its money, as long as you’re okay with paying for a monthly data plan and working with a limited selection of apps.ZDNet100Nokia Lumia 2520 review: Fantastic Nokia technologThe Nokia Lumia 2520 is a great piece of hardware and Nokia has done a good job with it. The display is fantastic and tough to beat.PC Mag70Nokia Lumia 2520 (Verizon Wireless)The Nokia Lumia 2520 is a very nice looking, well-made tablet, but it has some flaws, which, combined with the drawbacks of Windows RT, make it hard to recommend.Laptop Magazine70Nokia Lumia 2520 ReviewThe Nokia Lumia 2520 is a well-designed tablet with fast performance, long battery life and a comfy keyboard -- if you're willing to live with Windows RT's limitations.Engadget80Nokia Lumia 2520 review: a good Windows tablet, noThe Lumia 2520 is a good Windows tablet, with long battery life, a lightweight, modern design and best-in-class camera. However, it doesn't quite work as a makeshift laptop replacement.CNET70A tablet in the shadow of the Surface 2Unless you want a Windows RT tablet with cellular connection, skip the Lumia 2520 and get the Surface 2 instead.PC World90Nokia Lumia 2520 review: Meet Microsoft's new candNokia has done an amazing job in releasing a 10-inch Windows RT 8.1 tablet that bears no resemblance to the Surface 2.EngadgetNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 tablet hands-on: Windows RT wrappWhile we haven't been able to take the tablet outside, we certainly were happy enough with the screen quality during our hands-on time. ... It's much thinner and sleeker than we originally expected, and it's very comfortable to hold.GizmodoNot RatedHands-On With Nokiaâ€™s Lumia 1520 and 1320 PhonesWeighing in at 615g, the Lumia 2520 is lighter than the latest iPad, and much lighter than the Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and given the matt finish of the polycarbonate body, it’s really nice to hold, too.CNETNot RatedThe Nokia Lumia 2520 is bright, light, and feels gOverall, it feels high quality and solid. Compared with the Surface 2, it feels more compact, thinner, and lighter.Pocket-Lint90Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewAll nitpicking aside, the Lumia 2520 is probably the best thing on the market for people looking to buy a tablet that doubles as a laptop. Be warned: you'll still need the Power Keyboard, and even then it's still not the perfect solution for hopeful hybrid users.SlashGear90Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewThe Nokia Lumia 2520 is a complete package when viewed in isolation, but the tablet market is a competitive one and it lacks that must-have feature [apps] to distinguish it.PC World AustraliaNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 Windows tablet (preview)Nokia's Lumia 2520 is a tablet that runs the Windows RT 8.1 operating system. It's said to be a perfect companion device for a Windows Lumia phone, and it's also designed to be used on the move and outdoors. We look forward to giving it a whirl.Pocket-LintNot RatedHands-on: Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet reviewA great build quality, stunning screen, plenty of power, useful apps, a good camera, amazing keyboard case, and selection of ports should make this a great vehicle for Microsoft to get Windows tablets to a level of popularity not seen before.Wired UKNot RatedHands-on with the Nokia Lumia 2520, Nokia's firstNokia sees the 2520 as a natural extension of the Lumia family, and indeed the familiar unibody design does look very attractive in tablet form. In person we noticed it has been thinned at the edges compared to the Lumia phones to make it easier to hold.SlashGearNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 hands-onNonetheless, it already feels like it’s shaping up to be the best Windows RT option for the mass market, however niche-within-a-niche that is.ChipChick80Nokia Lumia 2520 Windows Tablet ReviewThe Nokia 2520 is a solid alternative that offers a beautiful design with fun color choices, along with plenty of performance and a top of its class display.T380Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewLast year it would have been cutting-edge but the arrival of the iPad Air has rewritten the rules a little. Beyond that, though, it's mostly good news and is easily the slickest Windows tablet around.GottaBeMobile80Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet ReviewIf you’re okay with Windows RT and its more limited ecosystem, and need a hyper-connected device, the Lumia 2520 is definitely worth a look.The Verge80Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewIf you’re looking for an all-in-one solution to replace your laptop that you can use virtually anywhere, the 2520 is the closest thing yet, but it’s not quite fully there.Windows Central90Nokia Lumia 2520 ReviewThe Lumia 2520 is a solid, first attempt from Nokia to make a Windows RT 8.1 tablet. While the device has excellent specs, inspiring design, button placement and a phenomenal display, its not clear if many users will see the advantage of this tablet over others.Ubergizmo90Nokia Lumia 2520 ReviewThe Lumia 2520 is a powerful Windows 8 tablet that can last for hours upon hours on a single charge. Its simple yet beautiful design is one that will certainly stand out among other Windows 8 tablets, especially its Full HD 1080p display.The VergeNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520: a closer look at Nokia's first WInside there’s a 2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, and Windows RT 8.1 runs great. It’s responsive and multitasking with apps seems just as good as the Surface 2.GSM ArenaNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 and 1320 hands-on: First lookThe front of the Nokia Lumia 2520 is dominated by the 10.1-inch IPS ClearBlack 1080p display. It has excellent image quality - easily in the running for best tablet screen out there.Digital VersusNot RatedHands-On With Nokia's Lumia 2520 Windows RT 8.1 TaThe Lumia 2520 is a good-looking tablet with the same kind of top-end finish that we've become accustomed to seeing from Nokia.TechRadarNot RatedHands on: Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewThe Nokia Lumia 2520 is a tablet that some critics will say is doomed from the start, thanks to the decision to make it run Windows RT 8.1. That makes a degree of sense, but in reality it brings it closer to the Windows Phone experience in terms of design.Windows CentralNot RatedHands on and first impressions of the Nokia LumiaIt’s both light and easy to hold. The edges, where you’re most likely to hold the device, have been tapered to give the impression that it’s thinner than it really is. This makes it feel like a truly mobile tablet.Expert Reviews80Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewThe 2520's 4G support is fantastic if you need it, but Windows RT is still a stumbling block.TrustedReviews70Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewWith bold styling and a strong screen the Nokia Lumia 2520 performs well as a tablet and comes with more connectivity than you can shake a stick. Unfortunately it's severely let down by Windows RT and a lack of decent app support and some iffy build issues.Stuff90Nokia Lumia 2520 reviewBrilliant battery life, mouth-watering screen and an eye-catching design, the 2520 is the best Windows RT tablet we've seen. But this Nokia's not without its flaws.Business Insider80REVIEW: Nokia's New Tablet Is Heavy And Plasticky,The Lumia is cheaper than the Surface and comes with some neat Nokia-specific add-on apps and the battery-charged keyboard accessory, so I'd go with the Lumia.ReadWriteWeb90Nokia Lumia 2520: The Prettier Windows RT Tablet [If you're not partial to Windows 8.1 RT, there's really no good reason to step up and buy a Lumia 2520. If you are a Windows RT fan, then you should take a serious look at the Lumia 2520 over the Surface 2.TrustedReviewsNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520Nokia’s first attempt at a tablet is not the worst on the market, but neither is it ready to challenge the iPad for market supremacy. Although the Windows 8.1 RT operating system is still a little on the uninspiring side, the speedy processor and strong display make a strong combination.The InquirerNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 hands-on reviewWhile it might still struggle due to the limitations of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 RT operating system, Nokia has outdone rival manufacturers by stuffing the tablet full of its own features, be they its camera tools, quirky design or custom application lineup, including the firm's Here mapping service.The Next WebNot RatedNokia Lumia 2520 hands-on: Does this 10.1â€³ WindoNokia’s first attempt at creating a tablet is commendable, but hardly revolutionary. The Lumia 2520′s 1080p display is beautiful to look at ... In our brief testing period, the trackpad was innacurate and unresponsive at times though
- 74AVERAGE USER SCORE8 ReviewsEngadget Reader10May 11, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!It used to be fantastic, faster enough for MS Office and web browsing, sadly is not durable enough, the screen is glued and is pops out ruining the windows button function (works randomly) and finally the screen goes off ... forever...Engadget Reader10October 10, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!BUYER BEWARE:Mine broke after less than 8 months of use. It is garbage.Engadget Reader90May 23, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90May 5, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader100March 29, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Really well made and a great little tablet. Windows with MS office is much more useful than android or apple os.Rocky100January 22, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetEngadget Reader90December 24, 2013Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader100December 11, 2013Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - Engadget
Internal, Memory card
More from Nokia
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- After freezing purchases of 13 stocks on Thursday, the stock trading service sought cash to continue operating normally.