Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
Samsung tried to squeeze a lot into the new Gear S3 Frontier, from an LTE radio to automatic fitness tracking to a form of Samsung Pay that works almost anywhere. In general, these whiz-bang features work well, while an excellent user interface makes the watch easy to use. The underlying Tizen platform, however, means you won't find many great apps just yet. All told, the Gear S3 Frontier is a mostly strong performer with bad timing; with Android Wear 2.0 coming soon, you'd be smart to hold off on a purchase right now.
- Still has the best smartwatch interface
- Excellent performance
- Respectable battery life
- OLED display is bright and crisp
- Not many good Tizen apps
- Automatic exercise tracking can be weird
- Will be too big for some
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 76AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsZDNet90Samsung Gear S3 Frontier review: The smartwatch ofThe Gear S2 was almost there last year, but the Gear S3 brings a much better piece of hardware with the advanced functionality I need. It's an amazing smartwatch that now lives on my wrist in comfort and will not be going anywhere soon.Mashable80The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier is a smartwatch DickIf you like a large watch, you won’t find a better, or more connected, wearable than the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier.Android Authority90Samsung Gear S3 reviewSamsung manages to make each feature in its stacked smartwatch work, making the Gear S3 one of the most enjoyable smart wearable experiences we’ve had this year.Wired UK70Gear S3 Frontier review: can the smartwatch save SThe Frontier isn't without flaws. But if you're looking for an Android-based smartwatch that's able to show notifications from your phone as well as monitoring your sleep, movement, and other health-based metrics – Samsung's device is a great companion.T380Samsung Gear S3 review: bigger and better, but notIf you're in the market for a smartwatch - Samsung's Gear S3 is still the best device available for Android phones.Wareable70Samsung Gear S3 reviewIt’s not quite the fantastic fitness tracker/sports watch replacement we’d hoped for and it’s not quite the finished article as a smartwatch either. But if you’re an Android or Samsung phone owner, this is about as good it gets right now. Even if there is still room for improvement.Android Central70Samsung Gear S3 review: All-in on a 'more is more'The Gear S3 is too big for many wrists, adding to the fact that it has a bulky and male-focused design that's going to put off many potential buyers.phoneArena80Samsung Gear S3 frontier smartwatch reviewThe Gear S3 frontier is a pretty great smartwatch – it is fast, it is durable, it packs a long-lasting battery, and delivers notifications to your wrist with style.Digital Trends70SAMSUNG GEAR S3 REVIEWSamsung’s Gear S3 rules the wrist with a slick rotating bezel and LTE connectivity.TrustedReviews60Samsung Gear S3 reviewThe Samsung Gear S3 flirts with greatness, but it ultimately falls short due its gargantuan size and weight, as well as its Tizen OS.
- 10AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsAdrian10June 22, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Samsung dos not stay behind their productsI noticed that my S3 does not record floors correctly. One floor is defined @10ft. It means that if you climb at least 10 ft. it will record one floor. What about if you run upstairs and one floor is just 8 ft. height? After one 8 ft. floor you have to walk horizontally to reach the next stairs section. S3 will erase from its memory the 8 ft. you just climbed immediately after detecting you walk horizontally (even 2-3 steps). What does it mean? Supposing you run upstairs on a, let’s say, 50 floor building, and there is an 8ft. floor height building. After reaching the top of the building your S3 will record ZERO floors. Try go from basement to first floor in 8 or 9 ft. height house. You can do this the whole day, your S3 will stubbornly show ZERO floors.I opened a case with Samsung. I have not received an answer. After 2 month I inquired an update. I received the following answer, it is copy / paste from the Chat transcript:“I have checked that the dedicated team will not send any update for your mail, it will follow-up and send to our dedicated team.” Oh …. It means at Samsung there are many teams and all are dedicated. Same send answers, and some not. However, after another month I have not received any update from the second dedicated team. I started wondering how dedicated all that teams are. And, after all, do they send any answers? Since I gave up hopes to get an answer I am trying to copy/paste my story on as many high visible review sites as possible.This issue is very simple to fix, just replace the current instruction: “Erase floors memory when horizontal level is reached” with “Erase floors memory when horizontal level is reached after 10 seconds”. After this change S3 will be able to record 10ft. floors in case you climb increments of 8 ft. height building floors. Fixing the software is not costly and it is extremely simple. Samsung can give this job to a coop student, usually a poor unpaid fellow trying to revamp his resume. He/ She can fix it in less than 15 min. How companies stands behind their products is a very important criteria when deciding to buy a product. I hope I am an isolated case and Samsung is doing better than this.