It's a lot to pay for a subwoofer that can't be used with non-Sonos hardware. If you can swing the cost, though, you'll get a tremendous boost to sound quality that integrates smoothly with a full Sonos network.
- Deep, tight bassEasy setupUnique design
- Very expensiveCan't be used with non-Sonos gearDust magnet
Yes, the price is very high
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
This sub not only sounds great but it sounds great anywhere
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
- Critic Reviews (13)
- User Reviews (3)
- 82AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE13 ReviewsWired80Bass HitYes, the price is very high. And yes, you can buy a subwoofer as good as this one for far less than $700. But you’re not paying the premium to get superior audio quality, you’re shelling out for the Sonos experience.CNET70Sonos Sub reviewThe bottom line: The Sonos Sub provides an instant upgrade to your Sonos Play speaker system, but it's quite pricey.TechCrunch90Hands On With the Sonos SubAll told, this is an impressive piece of hardware. Audiophile it isn’t, but in terms of convenience, sound field, and fidelity you could do much worse.Gizmodo90Sonos SUB Lightning Review: Lots of Bang, Lots ofIf you can afford it and you're already invested in Sonos, then yes ... If you're not rich, buy the Connect:Amp and hook it up to a good set of speakers. But you should probably buy Sonos, because it makes you listen to more music—which is the highest compliment you can pay a piece of music gear.Macworld90Sonos SubWhat makes the Sub attractive is its relationship with other Sonos components ... Therefore, if you own a couple of Play:3s or Play:5s and feel like the music coming from them lacks range and definition, adding a Sub could improve the sound greatlyEngadget80Sonos Sub reviewIt's a lot to pay for a subwoofer that can't be used with non-Sonos hardware. If you can swing the cost, though, you'll get a tremendous boost to sound quality that integrates smoothly with a full Sonos network.SlashGear80Sonos SUB ReviewIf you’re willing to pay $699 for a component in your hi-fi speaker arrangement, you certainly wont be disappointed in the SUB.PC World Australia100Sonos SUB wireless subwooferSonos's SUB provides a very welcome low-frequency kick for the already-impressive Play:5 wireless speakers, and the effect would be more pronounced with the smaller Play:3. Seamless integration with an existing Sonos system makes it a very easy upgrade.CNET UK80Sonos Sub reviewA fantastic-sounding sub for people already with Sonos gear that are looking for better overall sound. You will need plenty of disposable cash to make it worth your while, but if you fancy treating yourself this month your ears will thank you.Pocket-Lint90Sonos Sub reviewThis isn't for everyone, something even Sonos admits, but for those that are intrigued to pay double what you would a regular sub-woofer you won't be disappointed.Gear Diary80Sonos SUB Reviewed; It Brings "Soul-shaking SoundIf you love deep, bass-filled music, already have a Sonos system you are happy with, and have discretionary money then the SUB may be a good purchase.T360Sonos Sub reviewOn one hand you've got a mouth-wateringly expensive accessory for an already pricey range of products. On the other, you've got a truly brilliant piece of audio engineering that will transform turn your living room into a super club. If you can afford it, buy it.Expert Reviews80Sonos SUB reviewThere's a lot of clever technology inside and it's incredibly simple to configure, but £599 for a subwoofer is a lot of money ... Still, if you want a rounder, warmer and more balanced performance from your Sonos system, there's no doubting the quality of the SUB.
- 97AVERAGE USER SCORE3 ReviewsEngadget Reader90February 23, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!This sub not only sounds great but it sounds great anywhere. As a commercial AV installer I find endless applications for this kick ass subwoofer.Engadget Reader100October 27, 2013Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetEngadget Reader100May 12, 2013Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - Engadget
Login to Write a Review
More from Sonos
- The oldest Sonos products won't get this update, but they'll still work with the company's current app.