Sony has reclaimed its place as the top dog in mirrorless cameras with the 50.1-megapixel A1. With Sony’s latest tech, the A1 can deliver 30 images per second, albeit in compressed RAW mode -- an incredible feat given the camera’s high resolution. It also offers 8K video and unlike Canon’s EOS R5, doesn’t suffer from serious overheating limitations that stifle usability. It also offers Sony’s best autofocus system yet, with fluid and accurate subject, face and eye tracking that rarely misses a shot. The main downsides are the lack of a flip out display and the exorbitant $6,500 price tag.
- High-quality 50 megapixel images
- Extremely fast shooting speeds
- 8K 30p and 4K 10-bit 120fps video
- 5-axis stabilization
- Compact size
- Category-leading autofocus
- Very high price
- Lack of a flip-out display
Critics - Not yet scored
Users - Not yet scored
More from Sony
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
The best Black Friday game console deals on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5 and othersNot every console is on sale, but we've organized all of the places where you can buy these machines in one place.