The PlayStation 4 Pro is the most powerful home console yet, though you’ll need a 4K/HDR TV to truly take advantage of it. If you already have a PS4 and are stuck with a 1080p, you can wait before upgrade.
- Best graphical performance in a console.
- Your existing games will get upgraded for free.
- Makes PS VR much smoother.
- Not a huge upgrade for existing PS4 owners with 1080p TVs.
- No 4K Blu-ray drive.
- You’ll have to wait for games to get patched to take advantage of it.
The new PS4 Pro is a more powerful version of an already good console. We like the PS4 a lot, and the Pro doesn’t do anything to diminish that. However, it’s going to be a while before we know just what that added horsepower will be used for.