ZTE's Axon is a high-end smartphone designed with US consumers in mind, and we apparently crave lots of power, and no expandable memory. The Axon's spec sheet is filled with hits -- the Snapdragon 810 chip is a powerhouse and the audio is surprisingly good -- but some misbehaving software and a fixed 32GB of storage keep it from being a dream phone.
- Impressive performance, especially for the price
- Speaking of, it's only $450
- US LTE support
- Audio enhancements work well
- Only 32GB of storage, no expandable memory
- Software can beflaky at times
- Camera is solid, if a little underwhelming
- Design is on the chunky side
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (6)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE6 ReviewsPC Mag80ZTE Axon Pro (Unlocked)The ZTE Axon Pro is a commanding multimedia phone at a more-affordable-than-usual price.Engadget80ZTE Axon review: a powerhouse that punches above its weightThe Axon's spec sheet is filled with hits -- the Snapdragon 810 chip is a powerhouse and the audio is surprisingly good -- but some misbehaving software and a fixed 32GB of storage keep it from being a dream phone.Mashable70ZTE's Axon Pro could have been a killer phone butThe ZTE Axon Pro could have given more expensive flagship Android phones a run for their money, if the processor didn't overheat.Android Authority90ZTE AXON REVIEWIts beautiful design, gorgeous Quad HD display, smooth performance, fluid software experience, and decent camera isn't above and beyond what is expected from a ... flagship, the fact that it is significantly cheaper than the devices it directly competes with is what makes the Axon Phone by ZTE a no brainer.TechRadar70ZTE Axon reviewAxon is ZTE's 5.5-inch Android challenger, with an aluminum design that's leagues beyond plastic unlocked phones. It also rivals flagships, as long as you're on AT&T or T-Mobile and willing to buy it at full price.phoneArena90ZTE Axon Pro ReviewThe Axon Pro is meant to be the bridge device in getting ZTE’s name into the minds of consumers. So far, it strikes a nerve that’s deeply electrical. Let’s just hope they can use the momentum to their advantage.
More from ZTE
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?