Do you live and breathe cellphones? Do you buy a new phone every six months? Can you sling acronyms like GSM, GPRS, HSDPA, UMTS, and EV-DO with the greatest of ease? Are you well aquainted with every single Engadget Mobile category? Good. Now, can you write about all this stuff with wit, concision, and authority? If so, Engadget needs you -- we're looking for someone to help us cover the world of wireless here at Engadget Mobile. You don't have to be a professional journalist, but you do have to be able to commit to blogging for us daily. And yes, you will get paid -- this is a real job, believe it or not. We're looking for:
- Solid writing ability
- Prolific knowledge of the mobile space
- Reliable schedule
- Self motivation
To apply for a position, here's what we'll need:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style. DO NOT send material you've already written.
- Your top three cellphones of all time.
- A few words about yourself and your background.
- Your contact info
- Your location and prospective scheduling. Be realistic about what you can commit to.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHMENTS -- put everything in the body of your email.
We will only review fully complete applications. To apply for Engadget Mobile, please send an email to us at jobsATengadgetmobileDOTcom
. And please remember that we tend to get a lot of applications whenever we do one of these, so excuse us if we don't email back -- we can't reply to everyone!