Feel free to shout it out in the comments, we know y'all are gunning for a piece. What's that? Don't quite have enough change in the couch to hit the $4.6 billion minimum bid on the 700MHz C block? How lame. Lucky for us, there are quite a few companies out there that do have that kind of cash earmarked for this and other highly desirable parts of the spectrum, which should make for some exciting bidding. Too bad FCC's auction process, which begins on January 24th, is totally blind, and with the exception of the few companies that have publicly stated their intentions to bid, we won't know much about how the auction went down until February or March. The following, however, are confirmed:
- AT&T; T-Mobile says it already has plenty.
- Cox Communications; Time Warner and Comcast aren't biting.
- Frontline; gunning for the D block.
- Google; might just do the minimum to ensure the C block is "open."
- Verizon; Sprint is busy with WiMAX.