Slowly, ever so slowly, a picture is beginning to form of Nokia's all-you-can eat, free-for-1-year, keep-your-songs-for-life, Comes with Music (CWM) service. We know what it's not -- Universal's Total Music (the similarities are just a coincidence) -- and now we know more about what it is. The following details were just confirmed to us directly by Nokia:
- Audio is wrapped in an old-school, WMA DRM wrapper
- Songs can be burned to CD only after purchasing an upgrade of undisclosed cost
- Nokia has not announced any CWM devices, yet
- You can download music directly to your CWM device or computer using a unique PIN
- Songs will play only on your CWM device and the computer you registered with your CWM account
- Oh, and tracks will "typically" be delivered in 192kbps, while "older tracks may be delivered at 128kbps"