- An analyst for Oppenheimer claims that AT&T is going to be shelling out $325 for each and every iPhone 3G it sells, compared to an average of $200 for other devices on the carrier's shelves. What's more, devices sold in Apple stores (as opposed to AT&T stores) will cost AT&T another $100 for some reason, bringing the grand total to $425 -- not including the $199 or $299 the customer is paying for the 8GB and 16GB models, respectively. Where Oppenheimer is getting its figures isn't exactly clear, but we suppose it's believable -- and as the analyst suggests, the higher subsidy reflects AT&T's confidence that they'll be able to recoup the loss with a higher ARPU.
- The on-again, off-again saga of Adobe Flash on the iPhone continues, with the company's CEO trumpeting during its Q2 earnings call that it now has a version working in the SDK's emulator. That's all well and good, but there's still no sign that Apple wants Flash on the iPhone, and since Cupertino's still the ultimate gatekeeper here, Adobe's efforts could still all be for naught.
- Canada's Rogers has finally decided to stop playing coy and has replaced the silhouette of the mystery device launching on July 11 on its site with the real deal. You weren't fooling anyone anyhow, guys.
- A Columbus, Ohio bus rider was unceremoniously beaten this week in an attempt to nab his iPhone as other riders calmly looked on, showing no emotion whatsoever -- a sad state of affairs, to say the least. Fortunately, the victim was able to hang on to the goods but suffered some injuries in the scuffle. If it had been an iPhone 3G, we'd have to summon every ounce of willpower not to have a go at swiping it ourselves, but an iPhone 1? Seriously, come on.
Read - $325 subsidy [via Mac Rumors]
Read - Flash working in iPhone emulation
Read - iPhone on Rogers
Read - Bus rider beaten for his iPhone
- Key specs
- Reviews • 43
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19