D-LINK NOW SHIPPING FIRST DivX CONNECTED
HIGH-DEFINITION MEDIA PLAYER IN U.S.
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., July 09, 2008 -- D-Link, the end-to-end networking solutions provider for consumer and business, and DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ: DIVX), a digital media company, today announced the availability of the first DivX Connected™ media player in the U.S., with distribution in Canadian markets soon to follow.
The D-Link® MediaLounge® DSM-330 enables the seamless streaming of music, photos, Internet services and high definition video from PCs to the television.
"As more and more people embrace the DivX platform, we recognize the growing demand for a media player that supports all the capabilities that the DivX interface has to offer," said Chris Wong, Director of Product Management, D-Link Systems, Inc. "There is increasing market demand for solutions that bridge the gap between the PC and television and we are proud to be the first to work with DivX in bringing Connected to North America."
"The DivX Connected platform enables an entirely new way to experience digital media and represents our continued mission to improve the way in which consumers engage their digital entertainment," said Patrice Lagrange, Senior Vice President, Products, DivX, Inc. "Connected offers a vibrant solution to the expansive gap between PC and living room entertainment, and DivX is pleased to work with D-Link in bringing this revolutionary platform to the U.S."
DivX Connected is a powerful, open media platform that allows consumers to experience and control PC-based digital media on their television using a remote control and is capable of being embedded within many consumer electronics devices, including digital televisions, set-top boxes, Blu-ray DVD players, and more. The platform's easy-to-use SDKs allow users to customize the look and feel of their media experience and even create plug-ins to a world of internet services such as Google Maps, Last.fm, Facebook and many more.
Key Features of the DSM-330:
· Fast, intuitive remote-controlled TV interface
· Highly responsive, remote-control lets you access trick modes: skip forward 30 seconds, skip back 10 seconds and virtual chapter points
· Connects to television using HDMI (cable included), component (cable included), composite, S-Video or SCART
· Connects to home network via 802.11g Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable
· Supported Video Formats include DivX (including DivX VOD files), Xvid and WMV9 (transcoded on PC)
· Supported Image Formats include JPEG, JPEG 2000 and BMP (non-compressed)
· Supported Audio Formats include MP3, WMA (transcoded on PC), M3U, M3U8 and PLS
· WEP, WPA and WPA2 Wireless Security Supported
For more information on DivX Connected, see www.divx.com/connected. For more information on the D-Link DSM-330, see www.dlink.com/DSM-330.
Price and Availability
The D-Link DSM-330 is available through D-Link's network of retail outlets, value-added resellers, solution providers and distributors, or at the company's online store, www.dlinkshop.com, for the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $299.99.