- Full-time editor - Full-time, salary, benefits, the whole nine. Can be based on the East Coast (preferably NYC) or West Coast (preferably SF).
- European editor - Part or full-time (freelance), must be based in Europe, preferably London.
- Evening or Australian editor - Part or full-time (freelance), West Coast, odd hours, or Sydney / Oz-based are all solid.
- Engadget Mobile contributing editor - Part time or full-time (freelance).
- East Coast intern (based in New York City, or a very short commute)
Here's what you need to send to apply:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style.
- "The Engadget style" doesn't mean a generic-sounding blog voice -- think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through while still fitting Engadget.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies).
- Make sure these are germane to the site you want to write for.
- We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why).
- If you're applying for Engadget classic, list your fave gadgets of all time.
- For Engadget Mobile, only list your three favorite cellphones.
- Give us a few words about how you think Engadget differs from other technology pubs out there.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can't hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it's less than ten then you probably shouldn't bother. Be realistic, okay?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
- Don't just send us stuff you wrote elsewhere, we're not asking for clips.
- Don't send attachments or resumes.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom
To apply to Engadget Mobile, please send an email to us at jobsATengadgetmobileDOTcom