So, you've been desperately searching and hoping for a way to connect your SlingCatcher into your wireless network router, right? Well back at CES in January, the company showed off a little accessory called the SlingLink Wireless -- a device that would do just that. Unfortunately, details were scarce. Things may be changing, however, as the adapter just appeared on Sling's UK site looking all fancy and official. There doesn't seem to be any indication of a price (last we heard it was $49.99), release date, or regional availability, and when we contacted Sling, they didn't seem to know much more than what the page conveys... and then pulled the info from the site. Oh well -- thank goodness for Google's cache.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video codec support AVI, h.264 / AVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Quicktime, WMV, XviD
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV, WMA
- Video outputs Component (1 outputs), HDMI (1 outputs), RCA / composite (1 outputs), S-Video (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs Coaxial (digital), via HDMI, RCA stereo
- Ethernet 10/100 [Fast Ethernet]