Clickfree's remarkably useful Transformer Cable
isn't the only new gear being announced from the outfit today -- far from it, actually. For starters, it's bringing a 1TB backup drive with its heralded auto backup functionality at $229.99. Next, we've got the entirely overpriced ($19.99) five-pack of DataGuard Clickfree DVDs, while the "automatic" Total Backup Clickfree
DVDs ring up at just $14.99 for the same quantity. Potentially more notable is the notion that all Clickfree products are now Mac compatible so long as you're using OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or higher and an Intel CPU. Moving on, we're told that Clickfree Online Backup and Flash Backup are both slated to become a reality later this year for folks needing off-site / pocket-sized backup solutions. The full spill is hosted up just past the break, and trust us, it's crowded down there. Clickfree debuts stunning array of consumer backup products and features at CES 2009, including multimedia DVD, Mac-friendly drivesStorage Appliance Corp.'s latest technology is taking the backup process to a new level of convenience and simplicity
TORONTO – Jan. 8, 2009 – Storage Appliance Corp. – the company whose portable backup systems make backing up computer data manually a thing of the past – unveiled an array of much-anticipated additions to the Clickfree lineup of products and features today during CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
Clickfree has evolved traditional storage technology applications into a modern-day solution that makes saving digital content as easy as connecting your computer via USB cable to the Clickfree backup drive. Clickfree devices are designed to automatically start, search, organize and backup your computer's digital files.
"These latest additions to our lineup of products and features demonstrate yet again why the Clickfree name has become synonymous with effort-free computer backup," said Storage Appliance Corp. CEO Bryan McLeod. "We continue to advance the capabilities of our personal storage devices to make the backup process as simple and intuitive as it can possibly be. Our latest offerings are sure to be a real hit with customers."
The latest new Clickfree products unveiled at CES 2009 include:
• Clickfree 1 Terabyte Backup Drive: The 1 TB Clickfree Backup Drive is an innovative computer backup device that's perfect for small and medium enterprises or home offices where users need to backup multiple computers. Based on a larger 3.5-inch hard drive, the 1 Terabyte Clickfree Backup Drive is the latest addition to the hard drive-based Clickfree lineup. As expected with all Clickfree products, there is no need to install or configure any software. Just connect the device to a USB port and it does the rest. The backup application starts automatically, searching and backing up data without requiring any user interaction. The drive stores 220,000 songs, 440,000 photos, and over 2 million documents. The retail price is $229.99.
• Clickfree Transformer USB Cable: Convert any external hard drive into a Clickfree backup drive. There's no need for any backup software - just plug the Transformer Cable into your PC and plug any size of external hard drive from any manufacturer into the other end of the Transformer. The Clickfree backup application will automatically start, search the computer, organize and backup all of your important data onto the external hard drive. As expected with Clickfree, there is no software to install or set up and over 400 file types are automatically backed up. Use one Clickfree Transformer with many 2.5" or 3.5" external hard drives, giving them all Clickfree simplicity. The retail price is $59.99.
• Clickfree Transformer Combo with 320GB hard drive: The Clickfree Transformer can convert any external hard drive into a Clickfree backup device. For those customers that may not have an external hard drive, Clickfree has bundled one with their Transformer cable. There's no need for any backup software - just plug the Transformer Cable into your PC and plug the included hard drive (or any other external hard drive) into the other end of the Transformer and backup will automatically start. The retail price with a 320GB hard drive is $209.99.
• DataGuard Clickfree DVDs: Clickfree DVDs are perfect for single use scenarios where data needs to be backed up for archival purposes. The incorporated backup application and DVD burning software make the entire backup process a breeze. Triple Guard Protection feature provides extra security from scratches, blemishes and dust. Retail price is $19.99 for a package of 5 DVDs.
• Total Backup Clickfree DVDs: Now one Clickfree DVD will backup all content types. For customers that want to backup all of their content to DVD, the new Total Backup Clickfree DVD is perfect. The incorporated backup application and DVD burning software make the entire process a breeze. Clickfree Total Backup DVDs automatically back up over 400 file types to cover every office, e-mail, photo and music application. The retail price is $14.99 for a package of 5 DVDs.
Advanced new Clickfree product features unveiled today at CES 2009 include:
• Mac Support: Clickfree products are now Mac compatible. Simply plug any Mac- supported Clickfree product into a USB connection and Clickfree does the rest. Mac requirements: MacOS X 10.5 Leopard, Intel Processor, 100 MB of free space.
• Restore Data by Category and to original locations: Completely revamped restore feature now lets you restore files by category, such as Photos. The application will also automatically restore all files to their original locations on the computer without the user having to know anything more about them.
• Migration: Save valuable time and avoid hassles when moving data from one PC to another - just use the new restore tool integrated into Clickfree products. The migration tool supports migration from Windows XP to Windows Vista and Windows Vista to Windows XP-based computers. MS Outlook is fully supported by the restore tool. Backup e-mail from one PC and restore it to another instantly, even backup files from a PC and restore to a Mac.
• Instant Uploading of Photos to Facebook, MySpace and more: Clickfree now comes with integrated support to upload photos to networking sites like Facebook and MySpace.
• Integrated Music Player: Listen to music directly from the backup application. No need to restore the files to a PC or to launch another application just to listen to a tune. The integrated music player is built into the backup application for your convenience.
• Thumbnail View for Video: With built-in thumbnail view, identify and select your videos, click the restore button and you are done!
• Reminder: Clickfree software now includes a backup reminder application that can be configured to remind users by week or month.
• Password protection: ClickFree devices and content are now protected by a password to maximize security of data.
Clickfree products coming in 2009 and being presented at CES 2009 for the first time include:
• Clickfree Online Backup: Never lose another document again, knowing that even in the worst case scenario, your precious data is safely stored off-site. Clickfree Online Backup ushers in a new age in data protection and file recovery by offering the easiest online backup ever. Users can backup multiple computers, have flexible scheduling options, can access their data from anywhere and share files and folders, with support for over 400 different file types.
• Clickfree Flash Backup: This ultra portable, credit card-sized flash memory-based backup solution goes with you everywhere; as expected from Clickfree, it requires no software installation or hardware configuration to start the backup process. Just plug it into a USB port on your computer and it does the rest.
Clickfree's entire lineup of products is designed for the 85 to 95 percent of computer users who, research shows, fail to regularly backup content on their PCs because they do not have the time, desire or skill to install, set up and use confusing or complex software and hardware products.
All Clickfree products are available by ordering directly from the Storage Appliance Corporation's website (www.goclickfree.com) and many retailers. Clickfree products can be found at leading outlets such as Best Buy, FRYS, OfficeMax, and Walgreens, in addition to Amazon.com, Costco.com, Newegg.com, and Walmart.com, with additional major retailers coming soon.
Clickfree is exhibiting additional future products and features from the 2009 International CES at Booth # 31764, LVCC South Hall 3.