We tell ya, Maingear doesn't get a lot of play amongst the big timers like Dell and HP, but it sure knows how to crank out machines that are just different enough to be worth examining. Enter the Remix workstation, a desktop designed for creative professionals who dabble in graphic design, video production and pro audio. As expected, there's plenty of horsepower under the hood including a Core i7 CPU, Quadro FX / CX GPU options, up to 12GB of DDR3 RAM, RAID 0 HDD configurations, gobs of ports and an advanced liquid cooling system to keep the fans from making too much racket. The "handbuilt in America" machine starts at $1,999, though you can easily push that figure above the four grand mark with just a few tweaks. Full release is after the break.
MAINGEAR Launches Remix™ Creative Workstation PC
MAINGEAR Extends Lineup of Award-Winning PCs to Creative Professionals
Remix Features NVIDIA Quadro CX, M-Audio Interface Cards, and Liquid Cooling from CoolIT Systems
Union, New Jersey – January 29th, 2009 – MAINGEAR Computers, award-winning builders of high performance custom computers for PC Enthusiasts, announced the availability of the next generation of workstations in the market. MAINGEAR will be arming enthusiasts in photoshop, graphic design, video production, pro audio and other creative professions with the new high performance Remix Workstation.
"With Remix, we've leveraged years of experience in high performance computing in the PC Gaming and Enthusiast market and are extending that same level of performance, value and service to creative professionals everywhere with a workstation PC capable of handling even the most rigorous computing tasks" said Wallace Santos, CEO and Founder of MAINGEAR.
Optimized for Photo/Graphics/Video Enthusiasts – By integrating NVIDIA® Quadro CX®, MAINGEAR is offering the fastest creative workstation designed and optimized for Adobe® Creative Suite® 4. This will provide professionals with the tools, performance and reliability needed to maximize creativity. Harness the power of the Remix to encode H.264 video up to 4x faster with the NVIDIA CUDA™-enabled plug-in for Adobe® Premiere Pro CS4*. All this extra performance shaves hours off your encoding and rendering time, offering the power and flexibility needed to be creative during critical crunch times. This powerful system with NVIDIA's latest graphics technology maximizes a number of visually intensive functions, including:
* Bring unprecedented fluidity to image navigation. The Remix enables real-time image rotation, zooming, and panning, and makes changes to the view instantaneous and smooth. Also, on-screen compositing of both 2D and 3D content, ensuring smoothly anti-aliased results regardless of zoom level. Brush resizing and brushstroke preview, 3D movement, high-dynamic-range tone mapping, and color conversion are also accelerated.
* Accelerate a variety of creative effects, making it easier than ever to add graphics and visual effects to video, which allows the artist to quickly move from concept to final product and speeds up the workflow. Effects accelerated include depth of field, bilateral blur effects, turbulent noise such as flowing water or waving flags, and cartoon effects. The Remix with the Quadro CX takes advantages of these workflow enhancements.
* Accelerate high-quality video effects such as motion, opacity, color, and image distortion. The Remix also enables faster editing of multiple high-definition video streams and graphic overlays and provides a variety of video output choices for high-quality preview, including DisplayPort, component TV, or uncompressed 10-bit or 12-bit SDI.
"NVIDIA specifically designed and optimized the Quadro CX graphics card to significantly enhance the performance of Adobe CS4," says Tyler Worden, Market Development Manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. "By offering the Remix systems equipped with Quadro CX, MAINGEAR is offering its creative professional customers a complete solution that will have a transformative impact on the quality, image manipulation and processing speed of all Adobe CS4 applications."
Enhanced for Audio Editing – MAINGEAR Remix's advanced sound insulation makes it the perfect workstation choice for audio editing in the studio. Remix offers an array of some of the best PCI Audio Interfaces in the industry from M-Audio that offer the fullest range of audio editing capabilities designed to handle the needs of the most demanding project and professional studios.
Reliable and Feature Rich - The MAINGEAR Remix is built to meet the most meticulous specifications and supported by the best team in the industry. The most cutting edge features enable the Remix to deliver performance when you need it.
* Studio quality sound insulation – Advanced insulation materials keeps the noise in and dense mesh air filters keep the dust out
* Powerful components - Latest technology from NVIDIA, Intel, M-Audio put Remix at the cusp of cutting-edge technology
* Skillfully hand-built in the USA - Backed by the best in-house support team in the country
* Advanced Liquid Cooling – MAINGEAR partnered with CoolIt Systems to equip the Remix with advanced Liquid Cooling for the quietest, most reliable work experience available to date in a workstation
"The computing demands for creative professionals rely heavily on their processor firing on all cylinders" said Geoff Lyon, CEO of CoolIT Systems. "By incorporating Domino Advanced Liquid Cooling technology from CoolIT, the Remix ensures that Intel Core i7 runs cool and achieves optimal performance so that no task is ever too tall for today's creative professional."
Creative Professionals can purchase the MAINGEAR Remix at MAINGEAR's website www.maingear.com or order by phone at (888-MAINGEAR). The base price for Remix is $1,999.99($3,999.99 with NVIDIA Quadro CX) and is available in Black, Silver, Electric Blue, Inferno Red, Alpine White, and Speed Yellow. The MAINGEAR Remix will also offer the option of custom branding.