Verizon FiOS is providing TV and Internet to the NFL Experience in Tampa. This makes Verizon the first ever "non-partner" vendor allowed in the NFL Experience. Verizon FiOS also was selected to wire the Tampa Convention Center and several affiliated hotels in the area.
Some facts about the installation:
· Verizon laid 14,000 yards of fiber – equaling 117 football fields, or close to Ben Roethlisberger's career passing yards –through downtown Tampa for the NFL Experience
· FiOS TV will power 143 TVs throughout 5 downtown venues (NFL Experience, Convention Center and affiliated downtown hotels)
· 116 FiOS TV set top boxes were installed
· 138 data lines were installed
· Nearly 900 digital voice lines were installed
*Verizon has acquired AOL, Engadget's parent company. However, Engadget maintains full editorial control, and Verizon will have to pry it from our cold, dead hands.