As Marlin Perkins used to remind us on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, naturalists have observed as many variations of the common frameus digitalus in nature as they have mammals of the felidae family. We've seen digiframes that are actually routers, digiframes that scan your old non-digital snapshots, and (sadly) digiframes that come pre-infected with a Trojan Horse or two. Doing its part for biodiversity, Digital Foci is back with what it calls a "Photo Book" -- another way of saying that they've put a digital photo frame in a "soft leather-like case," making for "a convenient, elegant photo display." The one interesting development here is support for RAW images -- otherwise, this is just another $189 / 8-inch / 800 x 600 / 4GB digiframe. In addition to all that, this guy supports the usual bevy of file formats (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, MP3, AAC, WMA, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 SP) and boasts 2.5 hours of battery life. Wake up, guys -- there is some PR jazz for you after the break.
DIGITAL FOCI LAUNCHES PHOTO BOOK AT PMA
Portable Digital Album with 8-Inch LCD in Soft Leather-Like Case for A Convenient, Elegant Portfolio Display
Los Angeles, CA, February 17, 2009 – Digital Foci, Inc. www.digitalfoci.com announced today that it will introduce Photo Book, a portable digital photo album with an 8-inch 800 x 600 digital LCD color screen and a large 4GB of internal memory at the Photo Marketing Association (PMA) Show held March 3-5, 2009 in Las Vegas. Featuring a slim design encased in a soft leather-like case for a convenient, elegant photo display, Photo Book offers over 2.5 hours of battery life and an easy and portable way to enjoy and share digital photos in a comfortable setting.
With Photo Book, consumers have easy access to their photos in a portable album that can be brought along to enjoy and share anywhere. Its soft leather-like case presents an attractive initial impression and is ideal for passing around while sitting on a living room sofa or at a business presentation. The internal battery eliminates the need to deal with messy AC power cables and makes it very easy to handle.
To use, simply load photos to Photo Book's internal memory directly from a memory card or USB flash drive. Supported memory cards include CF, SD, SDHC, MMC, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick, and MSPRO. In addition, users can connect Photo Book to the computer via USB and easily transfer photos, videos, and music from the computer to Photo Book.
Photo Book lets users organize their photos into different albums and choose a specific album to view. The "Photo Album View" displays each folder as a separate photo album, showing its folder name and a preview image of the first photo in the album. "Photo Thumbnail View" lets you browse through the thumbnails of the photos in a selected photo album. In addition to running a full screen photo slideshow with adjustable time intervals, you also have the option of running the slideshow with an elegant page-turning effect, just like you were flipping through an actual photo album. Y ou can also add music to play in the background along with your slideshow.
Perfect for Photographers to Present their Portfolios -- Supports RAW Image for DSLRS
Perfect for photographers to professionally display and protect thousands of photos in a sleek portfolio, Photo Book supports RAW images from a wide selection of DSLRs, in addition to JPEG, BMP, GIF, and TIF image formats. Photographers can organize their photos into different collections, and choose a specific collection to show depending on their audience. Photos are automatically rotated to their correct orientation based on the EXIF data captured by the camera, and can also be zoomed, panned, and rotated.
Photo Book Features:
- 8" digital LCD with 800 x 600 resolution.
- Large 4 GB internal memory holds thousands of digital photos.
- Built-in memory card slots provide native support for: CF, SD/HC card, MMC, xD-Picture Card, MS/MS PRO (Supports mini-SD, RS-MMC, MS Duo with adapter).
- USB host capability - supports USB flash drives.
- Copy albums directly from memory cards for USB flash drives to internal memory without needing a computer.
- USB 2.0 connection for transferring photos between your computer and device.
- Displays each photo album with folder name and photo preview.
- Optional displays show photo file name and slideshow counter.
- Run automatic Full-Screen or Photo Book photo Slideshows with adjustable time intervals.
- Scroll photos manually with zoom and rotate functions.
- Supported image formats – JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, RAW image files from a wide selection of DSLR cameras.
- Automatic photo orientation based on EXIF data.
- Supported audio formats – MP3, AAC, WMA – music will play in the background during photo slideshow
- Supported video formats – MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 SP.
- Built-in 1 channel, 1.4W speaker.
- Runs on rechargeable Lithium polymer battery with 2.5 hours of battery life.
- Comes with soft leather-like case that protects the Photo Book and makes an attractive presentation.
About Digital Foci
Digital Foci helps consumers manage and enjoy their digital content collection easily. The company enhances people's lives by allowing them to seamlessly move digital photos, video, and music from one place to another. With Digital Foci products, consumers are able to enjoy any of their digital content on any device without ever worrying about format compatibility. Digital Foci products include digital picture frames, photo displays, storage devices, and card readers for transfer, storage, and management optimized for any setting where you choose to enjoy your digital content.
Digital Foci (pronounced "foe-sigh") is the plural form of the word "focus" and symbolizes the many distinct points where light and sound converge and diverge. It is at these digital focus points (or foci) where you view and share your digital pictures, watch your digital video, listen to your digital music, and access your digital files.