When you hit the ripe old age of 5, you start to look back upon the years with a certain wistful nostalgia. We'd be lying if we said we didn't get just a little bit misty-eyed thinking about the Optimus Maximus. Like so many of the gadgets we've seen, we followed this little guy from its early design stages, right up into a full hands-on with the quasi-mythical piece of gear. So, it's not without a small amount of sadness that we release this keyboard back into the wild, where it belongs, where a new user will be confused and frustrated with how hard it is to type on.
All you've got to do is let us know what your favorite post from the last five years has been in the comments below.
Note: We've bolded the above statement, since it seems like you guys aren't following the rules.
- Leave a comment below. We want to hear what your favorite Engadget post has been from the last five years -- and feel free to be descriptive!
- You may only enter this specific giveaway once. If you enter this giveaway more than once you'll be automatically disqualified, etc. (Yes, we have robots that thoroughly check to ensure fairness.)
- If you enter more than once, only activate one comment. This is pretty self explanatory. Just be careful and you'll be fine.
- Contest is open to anyone in the 50 States, 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so be mad at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Optimus Maximus keyboard. Approximate retail value is incalculable (or, something like $1692.31).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, April 17th, at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!
- Full rules can be found here.