Oh sure, you love gadgets -- but do you have the chops to write about them? We'd love to know if you think you do, because we're looking to actually pay people to do this stuff. Professional writing experience isn't necessary (though it doesn't hurt), but what we really care about is that you can write skillfully about gadgets with wit, concision, and authority. And being obsessed with Engadget is good, too. Here's what we're looking for right now:
- European editor - Part-time or full-time (freelance), must be based in Europe, preferably London.
Want to apply? Read on.
Here's what you need to send us:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style.
- "The Engadget style" doesn't mean a generic-sounding blog voice -- think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through while still fitting Engadget.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies).
- We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- For the European editor position, English should either be your first language, or you should be very, very fluent in speaking / writing it.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why).
- If you're applying for Engadget classic, list your fave gadgets of all time.
- Give us a few words about how you think Engadget differs from other technology pubs out there.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can't hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it's less than twenty then you probably shouldn't bother. Be realistic, okay?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
What not to do
- Don't just send us stuff you wrote elsewhere, we're not asking for clips.
- Don't send attachments or resumes.
Note that we will only review fully complete applications, and remember to put the name of the position you're applying for in the title of your email.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom
with the words "european editor"
in the title.