VuNow 3.0 adds support for additional Internet content, Internet radio, 802.11n, enhanced wireless security, and more
Mountain View, CA, May XX, 2009 – Verismo Networks announced the release of VuNow 3.0, the latest software release for its award-winning Internet TV Platform that lets people watch millions of free Internet videos directly on their TV.
The new release responds to market needs and community requests, and enriches the user experience for accessing and enjoying a broad range of online video content on the television. VuNow 3.0 enhancements include:
* Greater content access with:
- Additional 50+ live TV channels
- Additional 35 popular websites
- Support for Internet radio to let users seamlessly enjoy a wealth of Shoutcast audio stations, along with video content in their living room
* Enhanced features including:
- Support for 802.11n that significantly increases wireless performance and range compared with 802.11g
- Increased wireless security features including support for security with WPA, WPA2, and WPS
- NTFS support - enabling USB ports on the PoD to now read NTFS (in addition to FAT-32) formatted external drives
- Support for Dolby® Digital AC-3 format to let users play multimedia files and movies with audio streams encoded in AC-3
- Support for PAL in addition to NTSC
- Multi-language support
"We're committed to continually improving our platform and bringing additional value to our customers and partners," said Dhaval Ajmera, Executive VP at Verismo Networks. "VuNow 3.0 gives users greater access to online videos, increased options for stored video content and improved wireless security and performance."
Verismo's VuNow provides everything a consumer wants - access to the broadest online content, ease of use and installation, and compact size - all at an affordable price. VuNow offers the widest selection of Internet videos for the TV including videos from YouTube, videos from popular web sites, live TV channels, movies, as well as access to personal media (such as video, music, and photos) from the home network or USB-enabled storage devices. Users simply plug in the box to the TV, connect to the Internet and get started.
Verismo Networks sells high-definition and standard-definition versions of the VuNow PoD directly through its online store, as well as through select online partners such as Amazon.com. Additionally, the open VuNow platform is available licensing to service providers and equipment manufacturers.
About Verismo Networks
Verismo's VuNow platform transforms the TV set into a powerful multi-media hub with an unbelievable level of choice and ease in accessing digital entertainment. You've never seen your television like this before. The privately held company is based in Mountain View, California with offices in Bangalore, India. For more information, please visit www.verismonetworks.com.