A lot of factors play into the revival of Valkyria Chronicles. Sega sponsored a few community contests throughout the web, and introduced DLC to the masses. The final (and most effective) part of this multi-hit attack is Valkyria's temporary price drop to $30.
We're pretty sure if Sega capitalized on the new buzz and introduced a new print at a lower price, Valkyria would have sold even more. Although the game is easily worth the $60, a price cut certainly makes any title more attractive in this economic climate. We're pretty sure Sega could get away with just one more re-release of the game. Imagine this: a "Greatest Hits" version that includes all the DLC and a few episodes of the anime for under $30? We're certain that'll sell even more copies.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25