We're not saying we've ever downloaded anything off the internet that wasn't 100% on the up and up, or that we're here to judge those who have. We just thought it'd be fun to post all the various rationales we've heard over the years by those who do to justify their potentially shady activities. Some of these sound like pretty good reasons to us, but we doubt any of them would hold up in court if the MPAA ever came a knocking. Regardless, if you do download gray area content you might want to have a couple of these ready, and by all means let us know which ones we missed.
- I ran out of tuners on my DVR.
- I accidentally deleted the show.
- My DVR hard drive crashed.
- I don't get that channel in HD.
- My cable was out.
- I have satellite and it was pouring rain.
- I don't live in the US and the show isn't available here.
- I delete the shows after I watch them once.
- The show isn't available on Blu-ray.
- I live in a valley and can't get over-the-air.