We know you all have been eagerly awaiting the good word on that new Magellan GPS ever since it came to our attention (via some cat's diligent FCC carousing) at the end of May. According to an announcement dropped this morning, the Maestro 4700 should be making the scene on July 15 for an MSRP of $299. Among the features sure to thrill and titillate one who is lucky enough to purchase this guy: OneTouch favorites, hands-free Bluetooth calling (with your compatible cellphone), a predictive traffic mode that analyzes past traffic patterns and suggests alternate routes, both standard POI and AAA TourBook databases, "Find Your Car" with pedestrian mode, 3D Landmarks while driving, and our personal favorite -- QuickSpell with Smart City Search. Including a windshield mount and cradle, power adapter, USB cable, and a carrying case, this guy is available for pre-order now. Full PR after the break.
Magellan(R) Unveils Next Generation Maestro(TM)
Magellan Maestro 4700 Boasts a New Design with a 4.7-inch Display, Voice Command, Bluetooth, and Highway Lane Assist
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Magellan, one of the leading GPS brands, introduces the Magellan Maestro 4700 GPS device. The ultra-slim device features a wide 4.7-inch color touch screen and includes many premium features to deliver a robust navigation experience for users. In addition to Magellan's OneTouch user interface, the Magellan Maestro 4700 device also performs advanced navigation tasks with built-in voice command capabilities and hands-free Bluetooth calling.
"The Magellan Maestro 4700 lets you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel," said Mike Wagner, senior director of product marketing for Magellan. "We have incorporated voice command, Bluetooth, and highway lane assist to help you reach your destination with confidence. The large 4.7-inch screen is easily viewable in all lighting conditions. Thanks to our unique OneTouch favorites menu and our AAA partnership, the Magellan Maestro 4700 makes trip planning and traveling easier and less stressful."
The Magellan Maestro 4700 features several premium features including:
- Exclusive OneTouch(TM) Favorites Menu: Access favorite destinations and searches with personalized bookmarks. Reach your favorite cafe or restaurant in any city with a single touch. To meet consumer requests, the Magellan Maestro 4700 now offers an additional twelve bookmarks to save favorites.
- Bluetooth Compatible Hands-Free Calling: Make or receive calls using a compatible cell phone. Access your phone's address book to access up to 1000 numbers directly from your Magellan Maestro 4700. The noise-cancelling microphone keeps road noise down so you are heard clearly.
- Predictive Traffic: Analyzes past traffic patterns when creating a route to help you avoid known delays. Choose to stay on your current route or go with suggested less congested routes.
Instant Access to All Points Of Interest (POI): Perform one search and get results from both the standard POI database and the Magellan-exclusive AAA TourBook(R) guide. Results are organized in a tabbed format.
- "Find Your Car" with Pedestrian Mode: Remembers the location of your car in parking lots, airports, malls, universities, amusement parks or stadiums. When your day is done the Magellan Maestro 4700 will automatically guide you to your car.
- 3D Landmarks: Displays visual cues to help drivers perform maneuvers and find destinations.
- Larger Fonts: Makes viewing easier and safer while driving.
- Intuitive, Context-Driven Touch Zones: Provides drivers with a completely interactive map screen.
- New Address Book: Makes adding an address a snap with smart address summary that lets users save complete itineraries.
- QuickSpell(R) with Smart City Search: Allows quick, single-address entry or convenient multi-destination trip planning, including route optimization.
Map updates for Magellan products can be purchased separately.
About MiTAC Digital Corp.
MiTAC Digital Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and promotes and sells products and services under the Magellan brand name. Magellan assists people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the producer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate(R), and MaestroTM series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton(R) outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corp. is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information on Magellan, visit http://www.magellangps.com.